Lip Incompetence after chin implant. I can't close my lips when at rest. Any suggestions? (photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 1
Chin implant - mouth won't close now.
- I am sorry you have had such problems with your chin implant.
- It is possible - as you suggest - that the implant is too large for your mouth -
- If your surgeon cannot explain the problem, I suggest you get a second opinion and take your before photographs with you - the profile as well as the front view and copies of any x-rays that were done.
- If you were seeing me in consultation and I couldn't fully assess the nerve and muscle function, I would also want you to have some nerve conduction studies to see if there were evidence of nerve damage affecting the function of the muscle.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.