Lip Incompetence after chin implant. I can't close my lips when at rest. Any suggestions? (photos)
Doctor Answers 1
Chin implant - mouth won't close now.
- I am sorry you have had such problems with your chin implant.
- It is possible - as you suggest - that the implant is too large for your mouth -
- If your surgeon cannot explain the problem, I suggest you get a second opinion and take your before photographs with you - the profile as well as the front view and copies of any x-rays that were done.
- If you were seeing me in consultation and I couldn't fully assess the nerve and muscle function, I would also want you to have some nerve conduction studies to see if there were evidence of nerve damage affecting the function of the muscle.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.