I had a gastric bypass. I had the r and y and a tummy tuck. Can I work on my tummy after 4 years out? Will it hurt to do it?

Thank you for sharing your question.  At 4 years from surgery you are safe to return to any activities with your stomach at this point.  Most tummy tuck patients can resume light activities at 6-8 weeks and gradually increase intensity as their pain dictates from there on.  Hope this helps.

4 years since my tummy tuck, any restrictions?

You are safe to work on your tummy at this time.  In general, patients after tummy tuck should be able to resume most activities by 6-8 weeks after surgery.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck 4 years ago

In general. I allow my tummy tuck patients to work out within 6-8 weeks of their surgery if all goes well. 

Activities after Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. If I understood correctly, it is safe to exercise and do abdominal or core muscle exercise at four years out from surgery.  You have healed enough so that your incision should not be affected. It is also safe to have other contouring procedures at any point in the future. Best wishes on your journey~

Can I work out after tummy tuck surgery?

Always best to run this type of question by the physicians who know you best; online consultants do not know about your overall health status when it comes to beginning a specific exercise program. Having said that, most patients who are four years out of tummy tuck  surgery are able to return to full activity without restriction (again assuming they are otherwise in good health and suitable for the specific exercise program).  Best wishes.