Will 2 CoolSculpting treatments to my inner thighs help balance my "pear shape"? (photos)

I run and am very active but have always been self conscious about my pear shape. Will cool sculpting help even out my frame?

Inner Thigh Cool Sculpting

You appear to be a nice candidate for cool sculpting  if you want a noninvasive option from what I can tell. I would however just start with one treatment and assess the results 90 days later. At the follow up you can decide if another treatment is warranted. Best of Luck. 

CoolSculpting and Inner Thighs

Thank you for your photo. From the looks of it, you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting. I would start with one treatment at a certified CoolSculpting Center and see how the results look 90 days in. At that time, should you feel you want to treat again, that would be a great time to see another 90 days of results. Best of luck to you. 

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thigh Contouring--Needs VASER HI DEF, ThermiRF, ultrasound

I find that although Coolsculpting is great it is limited on contouring and how much fat can be removed. I find that VASER hi def contouring combined with thermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting is the best in this area. I recommend getting a formal consultation with a body contouring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Coolsculpting can reduce "pear shape"

Hi la.ti.da. Thanks for sharing the pic.  During your examination, the amount of excess subcutaneous fat is estimated in different areas and used to determine the size and number of applicators that would be necessary to optimize contours.  As such, it is difficult to say with just a picture.  You many wish to see a practioner with advanced training (called Coolsculpting University certification) for an accurate assessment.  Reducing areas like the outer thighs and hips will help address your concerns.  The newest applicators only cycle for 35 minutes and if there are multiple machines working, you can be completely treated in little time! Often times, practices provide discounts for multiple cycle purchases and other promotions which can be valuable.  Best wishes,

Coolscultping inner thighs to improve "pear shape"

Coolsculpting induces cryolipoylsis of the fat cells treated and induces apoptosis of the cells which leads to cell death of 20% of the cells treated. This may remove the fat cells but does not tighten the skin. Complete evaluation of the area to be treated may consider other non surgical treatments as well such as SculpSure to achieve fat reduction by laser induced heat generation and may promote skin tightening. More extensive skin redundancy may need a medial thighplasty to achieve the sculpted and trim look that you may desire.

Coolsculpting Inner Thighs

Thank you for your question. Coolsculpting is a popular and efficacious non invasive treatment for fat reduction. Coolsculpting permanently eliminates fat cells. Inner thighs is a common area treated. The new Cooladvantage applicators offer a larger area of treatment as well as reduced treatment time.  Some patients may see results as early as 4 weeks but it can take 12-16 weeks for optimal results. I would recommend an in person consultation to discuss your goals and candidacy based on individual anatomy. Best wishes. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD