I've been told by I have mild grade 1 ptosis. Any suggestions?

I've been told by I have mild grade 1 ptosis. How much of a lift can I get from a dual plane 350cc silicone implant?

Breast ptosis

Its difficult to offer much advise without any photographs to review.  Generally speaking, patients with mild breast ptosis can achieve a good result with an implant in the dual plane position.  Discuss your options and goals with a fully qualified plastic surgeon.

Implants with grade one ptosis

Witthout a photograph it is impossible to adequately answer your question. However in the abstract grade one ptosis can usually be improved significantly with an implant in a dual plane position . The muscle release inferiorly allows the employee to drop a little bit and this actually raises the nipple a centimeter or two. The size that you have indicated should be adequate for this purpose. However to fully answer your question you have to see a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast surgery including augmentation and left. He or she will be able to assess your tissues and make the necessary recommendation

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Mild ptosis

Without a photograph it's difficult to tell whether a lift would be necessary at all. Usually, with grade 1 ptosis, and implant whose base diameter is close to your natural base and using a dual plane approach will allow for a nice result without necessitating a breast lift. Try to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your region with a Vectra 3D imaging platform who might be then be able to show you what each size implant would look like on your body. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Mild sag with breast augmentation

Usually for women with mild grade 1 ptosis or glandular ptosis a breast augmentation will be all that is needed. A dual plane placement is a nice way to achieve a slight elevation of the nipple. Evaluation with your plastic surgeon will determine what implant size and style are best to address your goals. 

Jennifer Geoghegan, MD

Breast Augmentation With Mild Ptosis

Thank you for your question. Usually grade 1 ptosis means that the nipple and areola are at the level of your inframammary crease but above the breast tissue. In many instances, A breast augmentation alone, with the implant placed either dual plane or in front of the muscle, can give your breast fullness and perkiness without the need of a lift. Just make sure you discuss your concerns and what you want you would like to see as your result with your plastic surgeon during the initial consultation.

Ptosis

For this amount of ptosis you would not need a lift.  An implant placed in the dual plane should give you enough of a lift to correct this.  This way you could avoid more scars.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Borderline case

Any patient with grade 1 ptosis is a borderline case of if they should undergo a lift or not. If the proper implant is selected and the proper plane/dissection pocket is performed, often a lift(and the scars) can be avoided. 

Breast ptosis

I feel that implants do not provide any significant lift. They obviously do add volume. It you have minor sagging perhaps a circumareolar lift is a good idea.

Improving mild sagging of the breasts with implants alone

it is difficult to determine the best procedure for you without a photo or an exam. However, in general, grade I ptosis with a relatively small breast can usually be improved with implants alone. 

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

This is a difficult question to answer without an exam and photos. Typically, you will get a small lift with larger implants and the exam and photos will help determine what "larger" is for you. Dual plane augmentation is an excellent way to redrape the breast tissue over the implant.