Protruding upper abs, rectus muscles?

I had a hysterectomy and they cut above my belly button, to remove a fibroid. What can I do to get this pregnancy look to go down. Core Exercises???

Post hysterectomy

It sounds like you may have some relaxation of your abdominal muscles.  But an exam would be the best place to start.  Core exercises are also a great start.  If that doesn't make the improvements that you are seeking then possibly an abdominoplasty may be an option.  

Evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. You may be a candidate for a tummy tuck, but you would need to be evaluated in person.  If you are an appropriate candidate for a tummy tuck, this can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Protruding upper abs, rectus muscles?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Without an in-person examination or full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite recommendations as you may have developed a post surgical hernia, have soft tissue swelling, abdominal wall laxity, bloating, or a fluid collection present.  I would voice your concerns to your surgeon, they should be able to best diagnose the cause of your current appearance and options for treatment.  Best wishes.

Full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction

Based on this description you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction.  This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.