Is the discoloration around tummy tuck scar permanent? (photos)

I'm over all very pleased with my tummy tuck. I'm 6 weeks out and at my follow up my doctor says everything looks good and I don't have to follow up for another two months. However I'm worried the discoloration around my scar is permanent. What causes this ?

Is the discoloration around TT scar permanent?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  In individuals with darker skin pigmentation incisions tend to remain a little darker than the surrounding skin, but improvement in the severity is not uncommon as your scar has an opportunity to mature.  Talk to your surgeon about adjunct measures to improve your results.  I am attaching a links below with some information you may find useful.  Best wishes.

Scar after tummy tuck

Hi,

You are still early out, so these areas are likely to fade. It isn't uncommon for the area around the scar to be darker for some time. However, your scar will continue to change for 6-12 months. Talk with your surgeon and see if he/she is okay with you using a scar gel or silicone strips over the incision since this can help lessen the appearance. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin TX