I would like to get my lips plumped up what product do you recommend?

Is profiling necessary to get plumper lips or should I just get plumper lips by just injecting into the lip? What product do you think is best?

Doctor Answers 6

Allergan and Galderma: Great Choices for Lip Plumping

Restylane® Silkis made with smaller, smoother particles than those used in other Restylane products making Restylane® Silk’sa  unique particle gel formula. Along  with its ultra-fine needle designed for accuracy,Restylane Silk  provides natural precise results.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC is another option  for injection into the lips and perioral area .Most  people treated experienced improvement in satisfaction with the look and feel of their lips up to 1 year later.

#fillerchoices  #RestylaneSilk   #lipfillers

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 110 reviews

Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers for Lip Augmentation

Whether you’ve noticed your lips thinning over time, or simply want fuller lips, JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC or RESTYLANE SILK can give you natural-looking results that lasts more than 9 months. In fact, 78% of people treated experienced improvement in satisfaction with the look and feel of their lips 1 year later!

The cost of a single 1ml syringe will vary within $50-$100 between competitive practices. We suggest finding a reputable practice with expert injectors for the blend of science and artistry!

#lipenhancement #JuvedermUltra #RestylaneSilk

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 159 reviews

Lip augmentation with filler

I like to use Juvederm for the lips. It is very soft, and yields a great looking and natural result. I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. They are all great choices. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 47 reviews

Plumper lips

For fuller lips, a hyaluronic acid based filler such as Juvederm or Restalyne would be a great option for you. These products are nice because they are not permanent and can be removed/dissolved if you are unhappy with your result. These products when injected properly can give you a very natural looking pouty lip.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

Plumper lips

A nice choice for lip augmentation is Juvederm Ultra. This is a hyaluronic acid filler, which gives a soft and natural augmentation; in addition, it can be fully reversed. Volubella is not FDA approved and is not commercially available in the United States at this point.

Tatiana Khrom, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews


I suggest a hyaluronic acid as it is not permanent and can be reversed if needed. I like volubella for the lips as it lasts longer than other products

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 77 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.