I would like to know what kind of surgeon do I need to fix my nose after an injury? (photo)

I broke and ripped my nose off and couple of years ago. The surgeon at the hospital stitched it back only and they told me after it healed then I can have surgery to fix the nose. I cant breath nose is crooked and I have sinus pain and swelling. I also have skin that grew on the inside of my right nostril. I'm very over whelmed find the right surgeon to make my nose look pretty and not crooked anymore as well as being able to breath right. Please help I live in wallington nj thank you for your advice.

Doctor Answers 3

You Need An Experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear Dotkanj:I'm sorry you had that injury to your nose.The first obligation was obviously to put your nose back in place.It is very important that you get some help breathing.The crookedness generally can be corrected and is probably responsible for the sinus pain and problems you are having.If you are a smoker, your problems are even more profound, I suspect.You need an evaluation by someone who does many noses, either a plastic surgeon or a head and neck/ENT surgeon for whom nasal surgery is a major portion of the practice.You can find that out by calling the office before even making a consultation.Visit websites.Find out which surgeons in your area "major" in nose surgery.Experienced nasal, cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons are capable of handling both the inside and outside issues.Read books.Visit websites.Get up to speed on the anatomy.Certainly, it is most likely that you can be helped.Best wishes,

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS



Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 90 reviews

What kind of surgeon do I need to fix my nose after an injury?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would suggest that have a consultation with a plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience who should be board certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 22 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Look for an experienced rhinoplastic surgeon -- either a Plastic Surgeon or an ENT surgeon with cosmetic experience. Feel free to get more than one opinion and then go from there. You obviously need to be seen and examined to determine what is the right procedure for you.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.