I would like to know if I am a good candidate for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation? (Photo)

I would like to know if I am a good candidate for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I am done having kids, I am 5'3 and currently weight 150 lbs. This is not my ideal weight...should l lose more weight before getting a tummy tuck? What tummy tuck would I need by just looking at my pictures.

Candidate for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation?

You appear anatomically to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck and a breast augmentation. It is unlikely that you would get a good cosmetic result with implants alone. A combination of implants and a variety of a breast lift would produce a far better result. Ideally you should be within ten pounds of your desired weight.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Breast Enhancement

You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and I think you should proceed at this time. Your breasts are best approached with a lift or lift and implant. An implant alone would not result in an aesthetically pleasing appearance. Another option is to perform only a fat transfer to your breast at the same time as your tummy tuck. This will enhance the size and shape of your breast without any scars. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Candidate for a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. 

Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision. In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

The right candidate for a mommy makeover

Mommy makeover candidates are those women who desire an improved shape to their breasts. This can include a breast lift with or without breast implants and sometimes a reduction. For the belly portion, a mini tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, or even circumferential tummy tuck can give you the look that you want. Thanks for your question!

Excellent candidate for mommy makeover.

I think you get an excellent result from a combination of abdominoplasty in breast augmentation. The breast will look as though they've underwent a breast lift even with implants only.

Mommy make over planning

Thank you for your mommy make-over question.

• Your photos suggest you are a good candidate for a mommy make-over
  • It seems likely you will need a standard tummy tuck - because of excess skin and loose muscle.
  • A face-to-face exam is needed to be sure.
  • A breast lift can be done at the same time, with or without augmentation.
  • If you can lose weight in advance, excellent. In an ideal world you would be under 120 - but if that is too much to ask, then lose as much as you can. It will improve your result. Best wishes.

Am I a good candidate for breast augmentation and tummy tuck?

Judging from your pictures you would be a great candidate for a tummy tuck.  You may however need a breast lift in combination with your breast augmentation.  The only way to know for sure whether you need a breast length

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

From the photos it certainly looks like you would be a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover. A full Tummy tuck and breast augmentation/lift will address your areas of concern. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation and more details. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

Great candidate for these:

Tummy tuck and liposuction to the waist, upper and lower back with fat grafting in to buttocks. In regards to your breast, an anchor incision breast lift will be ideal to enhance your breast. Implants can be a great option for you.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation and breast lift and abdominoplasty

You will he best served by a combination breast augmentation and simultaneous lift.   As far as abdomen is concerned you will need a full abdominoplasty.  Mini abdominoplasties are for tiny tummies or those with mini expectations or both.   Weight is best controlled to within 10 to 15 lbs of ideal weight.   The more the ideal weight the more the ideal procedure.  My Best,  Dr C