Does this look like capsular contraction? (Photo)

I got my saline implants changed for silicone about 4 years ago. They are over the muscle and are quite hard, round and fake looking. Does this look like capsular contraction? I would like to get them replaced and put under the muscle, but ideally don't want to pay for a whole new procedure.

Does this look like capsular contraction?

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have. Unfortunately, online consultants will not give much specific help to you given that it is very difficult to diagnose encapsulation without physical examination.  In other words, a board certified plastic surgeon can easily detect and determine if you have capsular contracture after physical examination. Encapsulation can vary depending on the severity and complexity of the case. If you experience some discomfort and feel abnormal firmness, it may indicate that you have excessive scar tissue around the implants.  if this is the case, removal of the breast implants, conversion to a sub muscular (dual plane position), and possibly use of acellular dermal matrix may be indicated. You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery, helpful to  you. Best wishes.

Does this look like capsular contracture? (Photo)

Thank you very much for your photograph. It is difficult to assess whether you have a capsular contracture by photograph alone. The appearance that you have shown in your photograph can be caused with a large firm implant giving you a slightly rounded appearance.
The only way to really tell whether you have a capsular contracture is to assess whether the breast has become firmer over the time since your surgery. If your breast was originally soft and became firm and then changed shape and possibly became uncomfortable the likelihood is that you do have a capsular contracture.

It would be best to book an appointment with a plastic surgeon who can assess your breasts in person for you. 
Many thanks for including your photograph, we do wish you the best of luck in the future.
Adrian Richards

Does this look like capsular contracture?

The implants can be downsized and placed under the muscle.  An exam would be necessary to make a determination about capsular contracture.

Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Capsular contracture

its hard to say from just a picture.  Breasts should be soft and if your breasts are firm or hard then you possibly have cc.  I would recommend a visit with a PS to see

? Capsular contracture

An exam would clarify whether this is capsular contracture (rather likely with submammary gel implants) or just a problem of too large implants in the submammary position on a slender frame. 

An experienced plastic surgeon can readily distinguish between the two. 

Either way, you would be well served to have smaller implants in the sub-muscular position.  If indeed there is a contracture, adding an acellular dermal matrix (Strattice) would decrease the chance of recurrence. 

This is not a simple problem!  All the best. 

YES! it appears as Grade IV capsular fibrosis... There are NO free rides in revision surgery plus it is much more difficult to achieve a great result due to the scarring... Fee from $8,000++++

Replacing implants in a subglandular position to a submuscular position - things to consider:

Ideally, you would remove your implants and wait six weeks to three months before replacing them under the muscle.  Alternatively, you could consider the use of biologic implant material or Seri, a silk product to help maintain coverage and decrease the risk of recurrent capsular contracture.  Size also make a big difference - are you willing to go smaller?

Capsules

It doesn't look like a capsule to me. It looks like very large subglandular implants on a very thin patient. Without examining you, I suspect the firmness is simply that your skin is very tight around the implants. In addition to placing them behind the muscle perhaps a smaller implant could help.