Was D cup: After 2nd baby went to a deflated C cup: Do I need a lift? (Photo)

I was a 32 d my whole life. After having one baby and not breast feeding I kept my size. After my second baby and breast feeding I am not a 32 deflated c. I went to one consultation and the PS suggested an implant AND a lift. I do not want a lift. Do I really need both?

Breast lift not necessary with your breast augmentation

Judging from your photos, your nipple/areola positioning and overall shape don't lead me to believe  that you need a lift. You could benefit from selecting implants that would give you a perkier appearance. The shape of your breast implants should have more, rather than less, projection. Breast implants with a smaller base width will make your breasts project more forward from your chest wall and body, creating a more prominent contour. “Profile” is a synonym for projection, therefore look for high profile implants.

Implants can improve breast "deflation."

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you certainly show the classic "deflation" that can occur after having kids. Implants will fill out the breasts and improve the fullness. In your particular case, it does not appear that a lift is necessary.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

No Lift Required

If there is breast tissue visible beneath the nipple when viewed from the front, then a breast lift is not required.
Breast implants will lift the nipple to some degree.
I generally counsel women in your situation that we can start with the augmentation alone. If the nipple position is not as high as desired, then a subsequent lift can be performed. The lift is never required for patients with your breast configuration.
When the nipples point downward, and the breast is deflated, then I perform a combined lift/augmentation.

Breast augmentation without lift is possible for you

Thank you for your question and photograph.  Of course an in person consultation and examination is necessary to properly answer your question.  That said from your photographs it appears that a biplanar sub-muscular breast augmentation without a breast lift should give you a nice result.

Lift vs aug only

After looking at your photos I do not belive you need a lift.I think doing a straight forward aug is sufficient for you.And after the aug if you want more lift you can always go back and do it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lift is necessary

At size 32 C, the only reason for implantation would be to make the breasts larger. If you are happy with the C cup size then implants are not required. Your photograph shows your nipples are slightly low. I recommend a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the need of implants. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

To Augment or Not to Augment............that is the question.

Based on the front view you have provide, it is my opinion that you would benefit simply from a breast augmentation and not a lift. The empty volume that you experienced after your second child can be corrected with the use of an implant. I would suggest a periareolar approach behind the pectoral muscle. In your case you could use either silicone or saline implants. I prefer the use of silicone since they will feel more natural. You are less likely to feel or see the ripples in a silicone implant. The size I would chose would be in 375cc range. I would use a smooth moderate plus implant.

In any case, make sure that you consult with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with many years of experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Good Luck

Do I need a lift?

Hard to tell without an exam, but I tend to like to avoid a lift and fro the appearance of your breast in the picture, It is doubtful I would recommend a lift, seek another consult or two and find a PS you feel comfortable with. Good luck

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

Over the internet very hard to advise but based upon the posted photo and your desires I would offer a implant as the primary option... 

Do I need a lift?

I think that breast augmentation alone will produce a very nice result.