Lift Results? I Like the Way My Breasts Look When My Arms Are Lifted? (photo)

I am almost 4 mo post vertical lift with 400 cc silicone unders . While I am generally happy with my results ( I am a but asymetric but this existed pre-op) I wonder if they could be lifted more. I love the way they look when my arms are lifted ... Is this more lifted round look realistic if so what would need to be done to achieve it or do I leave well enough alone and rely on a bra for the extra lift?

Lift Results?

Looking at the photos I find myself looking at a nice result. I see the further improvement that you would like to attain, but were you my patient, I would discourage further surgery at this time. Best is to discuss with your surgeon face to face with examination.

All the best. 

Improving Results of Well Performed Breast Lift Operation?

I agree with you that, overall, you seem to have achieved a very nice result with breast surgery. Although it is always possible to further “tighten” the breast envelope, sometimes, is best to leave well enough alone. This may be one of those situations.  Remember, that there is no operation that does not carry its own set of risks/potential complications.

At this point, I would suggest that you enjoy the outcome of the nicely performed procedure and evaluate your level of concern down the line ( for example one year postoperatively).

When good is not enough

you can certainly consider going for better.  But realize that your breasts are always evolving and that changes will occur with time.  Even if you did have some procedures suggested by other posters, your results are not permanent.  So is it worth the costs and risks to have it tweaked?  You look great and my suggestion would be to wait until changes occur that make you want to have surgery again and make it clear to your surgeon how full you want to be on top.  The enemy of good is better...

Curtis Wong, MD

Nice result following breast lift and augmentation

A breast lift does a good job of reshaping the contour and profile of the breast but it can not place the breast further up on the chest wall.  So things are possible and others are not.  Enjoy your nice result.  

Enhanced breast lift

I think your breasts could be further lifted by means of a dermal sling.This involves re opening the incision and inserting a dermal or mesh support to the lower pole of the breast 

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Looking at your pictures, your breast shape seems to be excellent. I don't think that you will see any benefit from trying to revise the lift due to the reasons stated about gravity and breast shape.

There are limits to the amount of volume distribution it can be accomplished by breast lift.

Breast lifts do a nice job of reestablishing use to the appearance of the breasts. However, the resulting breast mound cannot violate the laws of physics relative to gravity. If the breasts have nice shape in the proper dimensions, that's the best you can expect.

Breast Lift Aesthetics

Your pictures demonstrate an excellent surgical result.  It's important to understand that it's normal for the breasts to elevate when the arms are held over the head. If the static position of the breasts and areolas are raised, they would elevate even further when the arms are raised. This would create a significant deformity with the areolas popping out of the patient's bra whenever the arms are raised. For this reason, it's probably reasonable to leave well enough alone and realize that the enemy of good is better.

Your results look good as is, but speak with surgeon for their opinion

I see how your breast changes into a rounder shape when your arms are lifted. But even when down, your breasts have an appealing, natural shape. You'll need to speak with your surgeon about this. 

Ronald Levine, MD

Unilateral breast lift revision could help

The right breast that shows on the right side of the photo looks like an excellent result.  The breast on the left side of the photograph sags more than the opposite side and could benefit from a revision of your breast lift.  Once you achieve better symmetry you may well be happier