anchor lift with silicone implants. When should I expect the swelling and pressure when I lean forward, or begin more activities to subside. The left is still odd shaped and swells more than the right yet feels softer in general. I have seen my PS and he is looking at it. I was told to continue to wear my Compression sports bra, and I am. FYI I know it is early in recovery and that this is not my final result. pleased so far. Thank You for your time
Lift with Implants 5 Weeks Ago, When Will Swelling and Pressure Subside? (photo)
Doctor Answers 5
Recovery After Breast Procedure
- Stiffness, swelling and bruising in the chest region: These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue heal. Pain medication and muscle relaxants will help you cope with any discomfort. Consistent sharp pain should be reported to your board-certified surgeon.
- Hypersensitivity of nipples or lack of sensitivity: This is normal and will gradually resolve over time.
- A mild to severe itchy feeling of the breasts is possible as healing progresses. An antihistamine like Benadryl can help to alleviate severe, constant itchiness. If the skin becomes red and hot to the touch, contact your board-certified surgeon immediately.
- Asymmetry, the breasts look different, or heal differently: Breasts may look or feel quite different from one another in the days following surgery. This is normal. No two breasts in nature or following surgery are perfectly symmetrical.
- Discuss returning to work with your board-certified surgeon, in our office it is typically 3-5 days post-surgery but you may not overexert yourself or do any heavy lifting.
- You may resume exercise and your normal routine at six weeks unless your surgeon advises otherwise.
Breasts at 5 weeks after surgery
Is there differential swelling or is there fluid in there, or do you have different size implants. These are just a few questions I would have. An exam and a review of your pre-op photos and the op report might be helpful. Good luck.
Odd shape after breast lift and implant
I wish I could be as optimistic with your progress, though we would worry a bit more about the symmetry of the implant pocket with your lift. Also after a full month we cannot explain why you have swelling and pressure. Stick close with your surgeon, and if things don't show progress a second opinion might help.
Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com
You might also like...
Much better at 4-6 weeks...
The swelling and pressure will be much better at 4-6 weeks and will gradually improve. The final shape may take as long as 4-6 months. Close follow-up with your surgeon is important. The shape on the left will certainly improve. Good Luck!
Breast Augmentation/Lifting and Swelling and Pressure?
Thank you for the question and picture.
You are correct in that it is much too early to evaluate the final results of surgery. You will find the swelling and pressure symptoms will graduate resolve on a weekly basis. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to assure you that your progressing as expected after surgery. Hopefully, the area on the left breast (“odd shaped”) will gradually improve in contour.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.