I have a urostomy. Is it possible and safe for me to have CoolSculpting on my abdomen?

I have an Indiana Pouch due to bladder cancer. My stoma is at the navel site. My abdomen has enlarged considerably. Would cool sculpting injure or negatively affect this surgical creation?

Coolsculpting with Urostomy

It is not advised to have Coolsculpting in this area, with either the regular suction applicators or even non-suction applicators. You may want to consider a surgical consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Coolsculpting

I do not think that coolsculpting is a wise choice with a urostomy.  There is a lot of suction and the area may become pulled into the treatment device and that would be devastating.

Be very careful

I would be extremely cautious about this.  Cool Sculpting appears to have a lot of complications with sagging skin and deep scarring all of which would affect your urostomy.  May be better to go with a little liposuction under local on this one

John Pitman III, MD
Williamsburg Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting with Urostomy

That is a good question.It is always best to discuss any type of elective surgery or treatments with your treating physician.However, my recommendation if you have an urostomy is not to seek treatment with CoolSculpting.I would suggest investigating the cause of your enlarged abdomen in order to come with the best treatment plan.Best of luck.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Urostomy and CoolSculpting

Thanks for your inquiry.I would not advise getting CoolSculpting if you have a urostomy.If your stomach has increased in size significantly, you might want to follow up with your Primary Care Physician because there could be some other cause for the increased fat in the area.I wish you the best.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would not advise CoolSculpting for this area. I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best. An in-person assessment is always best.
Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD