I just had gynecomastia surgery 5 weeks ago and my nipples are puffy again. Will they go down in puffiness?

Healing 5 Weeks After Gynecomastia Surgery

After #Gynecomastia surgery, your #incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Five weeks after gynecomastia there is still a sizable amount of swelling.

Without a photograph it's impossible to comment but it five weeks you surely have swelling. I certainly wouldn't be too concerned about it at this point time.

Puffy Nipples

An in person exam is needed to answer your question.  At 5 weeks post op you are still healing and some swelling is expected.  See your surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Puffy nipples

Thank you for the question but without an examination or knowing specifically what was done it is impossible to say so see your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD