Do I need to have a vertical incision scar to get a flatter tummy? (photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Tummy tuck - do I need a vertical incision
- You still seem to have a lot of loose skin -
- Without a photo of how things were before, it's hard to know how much a revision can do.
- If you had a great deal of loose skin, a vertical incision may be the better choice -
- But if you don't want that, you can have a revision of the existing tummy tuck and hope you see improvement.
- It's always smart to get a second opinion before having more surgery if your first surgeon left you confused and upset - take your pre-op photos and operative report to the second opinion.
Technique is a matter of opinion
Sorry to hear you have not had your hopes fulfilled by your tummy tuck surgery. Technical questions are difficult to answer without examining you first. If you have a great deal of skin such as after massive weight loss many surgeons feel that vertical incisions are helpful.
John Di Saia MD
Tummy tuck revision
You might also like...
Vertical Revision of Tummy Tuck?
A vertical incision?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.