Should I seek a TT revision? Doesn't lipo come with a TT so you don't have a muffin top? (photos)

I am concerned with my results of my TT. My abdomen is still wrinkled, I can't see my belly button and my flanks still hang over. Is this how results should look? I am 5"5 147 pounds and haven't gained a pound since surgery. I'm going to my doctor to express how I feel but I'm afraid of rejection. How can I make the conversation go smoothly? Do I have reasons to feel this way? Should I ask for this to be fixed? Should I have to pay more? I posted my 4 month post op photo here too..

Revision TT

It is hard to give you opinion without preoperative photos. You should discuss your concerns and goals with your surgeon openly; two of you should try to develop plan of treatment that is reasonable. Your skin seem to have poor elasticity and you will have to understand that in that case a good result may require more then one surgery to achieve satisfactory improvement. I would expect that additional liposuction and tightening of abdominal skin will create better result. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Should I seek a TT revision? Doesn't lipo come with a TT so you don't have a muffin top?

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on your photos, you do have some improvement, maybe not to the degree that you expected or were made believe that you will have a better result. You need to go back and review your consent form that you signed for your surgery. Many surgeons do not do liposuction or minimal liposuction with their tummy tucks. I, personally like to contour the whole back, waist, hips and abdomen with liposuction during the tummy tuck. Obviously, what I do is not a standard tummy tuck, and all the extra contouring does cost extra. If your surgeon told you that he/she will contour your whole midsection with liposuction during the tummy tuck, I do not think your results show that. You should have a flatter, tighter abdomen with more of an hourglass figure. You should not feel bad for voicing your feelings and concerns with your surgeon. Good luck.

Tummy Tuck Revision

I see a little bit of loose skin and the belly button is more of a slit than round.  These issues could be corrected.  Does your doctor have a revision policy ?  Many do, and it often allows these revisions to be done at no or reduced cost.  Be aware that if anesthesia or hospital fees are generated, then you may be responsible for those. 
Most surgeons are interested in doing their best, so be honest with your concerns and what you expect.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck - do I need a revision?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.
  • Before photos would be helpful -  how different from your before situation are you?
  • Your after photos don't look the way one expects a standard tummy tuck to turn out -
  • Liposuction does not come with a tummy tuck but can be done at the same tie.
  • You never can tell how a surgeon will react but a good surgeon will want to hear your concerns, review your before photos with you and either explain the result or plan what to do.
  • Go in with a friend, stay calm, explain your concerns and discuss what to do.
  • If your surgeon is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, you defintely need to take your 'before' photos and go and see one.
  • If you can post before photos, it will help to give you more specific advice.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS