Years ago I asked for the bags that sit on the orbital bone to be removed. (photo)

He made it worse and took my cheeks I'm asymmetrical. Help

Lower lid surgery made cheeks asymmetric

Thank you for asking about your lower lid surgery.
  • I assume you had lower lid surgery for lower lid bags -
  • The changes I see are two fold -
  • First the asymmetry you have noticed which is normal - the two sides of our body do not match but we often only notice after surgery.
  • Second, the facial tissues are coming down with time -
  • For this, structural support such as a face lift with cheek bone implants is a good approach.
  • A mid face lift is another option.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Improvement of under eye bags

We all have asymmetries from the right and left sides of her face. The two sides of the face are more like siblings and less like twins. Looking at your pictures, your right side is stronger and has more volume in your left side is weaker with less volume. These asymmetries can be improved by a variety of both surgical and nonsurgical procedures.In regards to the bags underneath your eyes, I believe you may be talking about malar bags or festoons.  These are areas that will get better or worse depending on the day. It is true that a mid-facelift may improve this area and would be an option for you. There are times when nonsurgical options such as laser skin resurfacing or dermal fillers may be good options for you to improve these under eye bags.I hope this helps

Bags under my eyes

Thanks for the question.  These bags are not eyelids fat or structural areas that typical eyelid surgery would correct..  As mentioned by one of my colleagues who has answered this question correctly, these malar bags may be improved with a mid face lift.  This doesn't guarantee  complete improvement in the condition, but this surgery should be considered.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Lower blepharoplasty with midface lift can correct this

A properly done midface lift can  usually correct those malar folds and bags. See the 5th and 9th patient photos on the website below.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon