Opinions/reviews on residency program in Charleston, SC? (Photos)

I need to have a tummy tuck, lip of flanks and a breast reduction/ lift- no implants. I live in Lexington sc. I just don't want to pay the equivalent of a car for a surgery if I can get it there for less. So long as someone certified is present. I am open to doctors in the area giving me their prices. FULL prices please. It would be nice not to travel but don't want freakishly high loan payments forever!!! Waiting to save isn't an option I am miserable! Thanks!!!

Cheap plastic surgery

when you are looking for a plastic surgeon, experience matters. Cosmetic surgery is infrequently performed in the resident clinic/academic setting.  You get a discounted price because you are usually getting less experience, not just because it is a residency program. You seem to be an excellent candidate for  the procedures you mentioned. Seek an experienced, cosmetic trained, plastic surgeon for your care.  

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty

From your photos, you may be able to get insurance to pay for your reduction, if you are willing to go small enough. If not a breast reduction is $6600 total in our office.An abdominoplasty is a total of $5800, but liposuction will add more to the cost, depending on what areas you want to have suctioned. I agree with Dr. Kalus, in that you should not choose your surgeon on price, but rather find a surgeon you are comfortable with , and compare his/her prices with other surgeons.Good luck,Greg Sexton, M.D.Columbia, S.C.

Thanks for your inquiry.

First, it is important to understand that any comments we make are based purely on your brief history and the photos you have provided, but are not a substitute for a consultation in person with a proper evaluation by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. That being said, you have two separate but related issues and you want to make sure that your priorities are in the correct order. First, you want to make sure you have an understanding of what bothers you and what you would like to have corrected. From your photos, it seems the most pressing issue is your breasts and it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift and possible minor reduction on the larger breast to achieve optimal symmetry. This is not something insurance would consider medically necessary, which bring me to the next point-finances. 
Once you have been properly evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon with whom you are confident, the next issue is determining cost and affordability. Because you have many choices, you will find some variance in costs, and each plastic surgeon charges what he or she considers to be fair and appropriate for the level of surgery or other services they perform. It would be ill advised on your part to make your decision based on cost. Unlike buying your Kleenex or milk at one store versus the other, where cost is the main determinant, when it involves surgery on your face or body, you want your decision to be based on your surgeon's experience, skills, and sense of aesthetics. 
Best of luck to you.

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

My advice

I don't think your tummy is ready for surgery yet.  I know this isn't what you want to hear, but what you don't want to DO is have surgery before you should and not get incredible results that last you a long time.  That would be a waste of good money.  You should get down to your goal weight and really go after it!!!  Tummy tucks cost anywhere from $7,000-$15,000 depending on what you are getting and who is doing it (some surgeons can just demand more money because of reputation and results).  This is elective surgery and not something to rush into.  The good news is that I would be shocked if insurance didn't pay for your breast reduction which should save you a lot of money depending on your health insurance plan- you will still pay deductibles, etc., but not what it would be for a cosmetic breast reduction.  I'm not trying to be a Debbie-Downer...I just want you to spend your hard-earned money wisely and get the best result.  Hope this helps.
-JGH