What Can Be Done For My Nose To Fit With My Face? (photos)

My nose has always bothered me ever since I was in late elementary school. It's not an insecure thing, but more of a 'this nose just doesn't look right to me for my face' thing. I feel like the tip area of the nose could be smaller, the bridge could be more straight, and overall could be more defined in a sense that's of course, natural and fits my face. Any suggestions?

What can be done for my nose to fit with my face

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish straightening and narrowing the bridge line, shaving down the dorsal hump, and refining the nasal tip.  in addition, it's possible to decrease the overall projection of the nose. Consider a chin implant for the week and recessive action profile. Placement of the chin implant will help significantly with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. For more information, and many chin implant/ rhinoplasty combination examples, please see the link and the video below 

Rhinoplasty

You sound like an ideal rhinoplasty patient. However, determining exactly what needs to be done to give you an ideal nose for your individual face requires an in person exam. So, my best advice is for you to find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and schedule a consultation and discuss your options.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Good question.

Thank you for your email inquiry and photos. While you have expressed some concerns about the shape of your nose and how it relates to the rest of your face, it would be imprudent to make any specific comments or treatment recommendations without carefully examining you in person. This is best accomplished by seeing a board certified or board eligible plastic surgeon who is familiar with facial aesthetics and normal facial proportions. An expertise in craniofacial training can also be very helpful. An experienced plastic surgeon will examine your nose, as well as your other important landmarks (chin, cheek bones, etc.) and be able to comment on how your overall facial appearance might be enhanced. 

It is best for you to feel confident with your plastic surgeon, and if you have any concerns, a second or even third opinion can be very valuable. In other words do your research and I would The before and after gallery on that surgeon's website should be an excellent guide as to your plastic surgeon's sense of aesthetics. 

Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

You are best to go for consultation to determine what would be best for you. Best of luck moving forward.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Based on the photographs you have posted, I believe you would benefit from a dorsal hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Based on your photos alone, you appear to be a good candidate for an "open rhinoplasty" Through a small Incision , the tip of your nose can be refined and the dorsal hump can be reduced to give you a straighter profile, The bones will likely need to be brought in as well. So expect moderate bruising initially and some swelling that can take several months till the final result is obtained.

In addition, some form of chin augmentation would improve the balance of your facial contours. This can be achieved with an implant or with a filler done in the office after your swelling has improved from your nasal surgery.

A board certified plastic surgeon can discuss these options with you and also evaluate your septum to make sure that doesn't need to be fixed as well.

Best Regards, Prashant Soni M.D.

Prashant Soni, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. There are certainly some aspects of your nose that can be adjusted. Based on these photos without an exam, I suggest a straighter more feminine dorsum (bridge), may be make the tip a little shorter, define the tip. I think the rotation is ok but you may need some narrowing of the nostrils (alar base). I would also suggest chin augmentation to bring the chin forward a little bit. The pictures do not show it well but would consider a lip lift is the upper lip is too long (but this is definitely a lesser priority). Good luck with your search and decision. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Options to Help Nose Fit Face

I believe you should focus on the balance and proportions of your face.  You have a beautiful face and there are a couple of options you could consider.

The beautiful features of the face are the eyes, smile and skin.  A great nose should blend/fit with the other facial features.  A great before and after takes the attention off of the nose and onto the eyes.

In reviewing your pictures, I would consider:

1)  Rhinoplasty

2)  Chin Augmentation

The goals of the rhinoplasty would be:

1)  Take down bump

2)  Bring nose closer to face

3)  Define tip

4)  Slight rotation of nose

I think this would create a more feminine nose and look great on you.  

You have a weak chin on profile.  This is creating an illusion that your nose if bigger than it actually is.  Augmenting your chin will help bring your facial features into balance.

Imaging morphing can help communicate these changes during a consultation.