Does wearing very tight compression bra after fat transfer to fix scar adhesion on reconstructed breast cause uneven appearance?

I had fat transfer to fix breast reconstruction scar adhesions.Was put in a very binding compression bra.The bra is so tight,hurts&leaves indentions in my skin.Is this bra normal for my type of surgery,what type of bra is best?I read compression is needed but not so tight so the fat can settle in the areas.I'm worried 1 week post-op the tight bra caused the fat to harden in areas&the breast will turn out lumpy.Can massage help?I now have a bra used for augmentations&mastopexy,it feels better.

Uncomfortable compression bra

Hello there,Thank you for your question. Your bra should not be so tight that it feels painful. It should be tight enough to compress your breasts so it heals properly. However, you should see your doctor and ask him or her for a larger size so that you are not uncomfortable. Keep massaging lightly so that it loosens up the tissue. It is normal for your breasts to feel firm post-operatively. This swelling and stiffness will subside with time. I hope this helps and good luck to you and your future endeavors!James Fernau, MD, FACS
Aesthetic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Plastic Surgery
CERTIFIED: American Board of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgery (ASPS)
              American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
              International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
              American Academy of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS)
              American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery (AAOHNS)
              American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS)
              The Rhinoplasty Society Phone: 412-446-0391 Fax: 412-446-0391

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tight bra

Contact your plastic surgeon directly and tell them/their staff what is going on and how you feel. They will be better able to address your concerns and advise on bra type and fit.

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

Compression bra

A compression bra if too tight is not a good thing.  Talk to your surgeon about what other garment might be appropriate.