Not sure how natural this labiaplasty looks? 4 days Post OP (Photo)

Wedge technique. I wanted as much taken off but it still to look natural! The surgeon didn't think that I needed a clitoral hood reduction, I silently disagreed! There's a lot of skin. Does it look natural? Healing has been good, Barely any pain. I can't tell how much I've swelled? I'm not happy with the discoloration. Top is pink but the bottom is dark? I hope its just bruising. I'm happy where I am now compared to where I used to be but I can't help feeling unsatisfied. Is it too soon to tell?

Early healing after labiaplasty

Four days is very early in the healing process.  Your aesthetic outcome will not be apparent for several months, even up to one full year after surgery, as scar maturation occurs over this time period. At this point most importantly you do not demonstrate any concerning signs of infection, wound healing complications, or bleeding.  There is still swelling present, which will resolve over the next few months.  Once the stitches have resorbed and wound healing advances, the scars will become much less apparent.  That subtle ridge at the incision line shows wound eversion, which will also flatten with time.  I recommend waiting much longer before judging your aesthetic results and your recovery appears on track at this time.

Best, Stephanie Power MD, MSc, FRCSC

Every labiaplasty looks horrible in the first week of healing

Let's not sugarcoat the fact that the labia swelling significantly and turn many shades of purple right after surgery. When the swelling subsides everything will look much different. Nonetheless, the color of the posterior half of the labia was dark before surgery and the front half of the labia was pink before surgery and you have a two-tone scar where these two areas have been brought together and this will not improve at all over time. Wedge was a poor choice for your anatomy. Your clitoral hood should have been reduced, but this can be done at later time.

Labiaplasty healing

You are early in your healing course.  I would recommend staying in touch with your surgeon during the healing process.  After about six weeks, you should get a very good sense of what your results look like.

Not sure how natural this labiaplasty looks? 4 days Post OP

At 4 days postop you are still early in the healing process - give it time to heal. Communicate your concerns with your chosen surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Early results look great

and hopefully it will turn out as you desired.  Always remember that is safer to go conservative so little revisions can be done later if needed rather than major and costly reconstructions.  In your follow-up, you can discuss the hood issues with your surgeon and if your surgeon won't do it, you can easily find another surgeon who will.  But again, your early results look fantastic.

Curtis Wong, MD

Labiaplasty Results POD#4

For Post-Op Day #4, I think the results look pretty good, but it is too soon to tell, really.  You will definitely have a slot of swelling; in fact, it may get a little worse, before it gets better, at this point.  It's possible you may still have some extra tissue at the clitoral hood, but, again, it is too early to tell right now.  The best advice I can give you is to be patient, keep your follow up appointments and mention your concerns to your surgeon and follow his/her instructions.  Re-assess your results 6 months after and look at the before and after photos.  If you still have concerns, tell your surgeon.  Open lines of communication are a very important part of the recovery process.

4 days post Labiaplasty

Thank you for sharing.   I truly believe you are going to heal fine, there is a little bruising from the surgery which is normal and to be expected.  It is way too early to determine the final look of the procedure.  You can always undergo a clitoral hood reduction once the healing is complete and the healing process from a hood reduction is far easier then a labiaplasty. 
Best of luck to you :)

Post labiaplasty

Thank you for your question. It is in the early phase of healing. Looks good and healing well. Clitoral hood can always be done later if needed. Discoloration looks like postop change which will continue to improve.

Labiaplasty result

As the inventor of the wedge technique over 20 years ago, I can say that you appear to have mild swelling and probably a good result.  The discoloration is almost certainly early tissue reactions and will eventually go away in a couple months.  If you have a bulky clitoral hood after the healing is done in about six months, then you can undergo one of various techniques to reduce the hood. You may possibly desire a clitoropexy with hood reduction, which I also invented about eight years ago. I cannot evaluate the options yet as you are too soon post-op and swelling will decrease.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Early recovery after labiaplasty

Four days is pretty early in the healing phase after a labiaplasty. I would suggest patience and close follow-up with your surgeon. If there is still excess this could always be revised in the future. Acute discoloration is likely just postoperative changes.   Good luck to you

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon