How long between facial surgical procedures?

Two years ago, I got a mini face/neck lift, and blepharoplasty. It certainly helped, but I am now regretting not also getting a mid face/cheek lift, as I think it might have been even more helpful. What is an appropriate amount of time to wait before having another facial surgical procedure?

You may get another surgery at this time.

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that you regret not having other procedures done with your initial procedures. There has been a significant amount of time since your last procedure so you should be okay to go ahead with another facial surgery.If you are exploring the options of any facial plastic surgery, make sure that you also explore the right type of cosmetic surgeon to perform your plastic surgery. A facial plastic surgeon is a cosmetic doctor that is an expert strictly in the head and neck. Focusing on the head and neck area means that the specialty area is concentrated and the surgeon is extremely familiar with facelift procedures (one of the most popular and common facial cosmetic surgeries). General plastic surgeons are those who do mainly body work such as breast implants, liposuction, or Brazilian butt lifts. It is best to choose a qualified expert for the specific cosmetic surgery that you are considering.

Hope this helps!

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Additional procedures

It depends on your age, the aging process and how fast you are progressing. You may want to consider a fat grafting or filler augmentation to give the lift you are looking for.

Nicole Schrader, MD, FACS
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

Two years is more than enough time. You should be fine having a second surgery at this point.

At this point you would be fine to have another facial procedure. It is possible to add some volume with either fillers or fat grafting. I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Surgery wait period

michelle859, one year is the typical answer. Make sure you see someone who routinely does midface surgery as many plastic surgeons do not. See an experienced specialist. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Time between mini lift procedures

One year after a mini lift, the face has undergone complete healing. If you're interested in exploring additional procedures to improve the height and definition of the midface region it would be appropriate at this time. The midface and cheek area can also be helped with adding volume to the region as well as lifting the region. I would explore the pros and cons of each of these options.I hope this helps