I have a lump after restylane that is getting worse. Has it been overfilled? (Photo)

Is thiis overfill ? How should it be treated? 1/2 syringe restylane 10/29. Initially only redness and slight swelling

Swelling is a common side effect of under eye injections and can last for approx. 2 weeks.

Swelling is a common side effect of under eye injections and can last for approx. 2 weeks. In this case I will recommend to follow up with your injector to discuss your concerns.

Lump from Restylane

Restylane is a fabulous injection for the face, especially around the tear troughs and nasolabial area.  If you developed such a nodule you should return immediately to your treating physician.  It could be a localized infection or reaction.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experince with cosmetic injections.

Michele S. Green, MD

I have a lump after restylane that is getting worse. Has it been overfilled?

Whoa! Maybe if these were at a week following injection there should be a concern BUT ONLY 20 hours???? Best to return to see your injecting doctor...

Depends on how long it has been there

That amount of swelling is absolutely normal within the first several days after Restylane injection. If it has been weeks, then it may need to be reversed. Ultimately I don't like reversing it if make-up does a decent job of covering it.  

Adrian M. Guevara, MD
El Paso Dermatologist