How to fix droopy/tired looking eyes? (photos)

I am 21 years old and I have droopy almond Asian eyes. My eyes would look so much better if it were lifted at the corners. What procedures should I go for? Botox brow lift? Fillers? Non-surgical would be ideal.

Droopy eyelids

Dear emi:

Thanks for your question and photos. Let me first say that everyone' face has some asymmetric features, so your eye asymmetry is not that surprising. Whenever patients say they look "tired", I first suspect there is an issue with the brows. Also, I see that your brow is lower on the right side, and this may be adding to the asymmetric "crowding"  you see in the right upper eyelid. With the traction your fingers are applying, this is similar to what a "lateral" browlift would give you. I don't think Botox would get the brows to do what you demonstrate, and I would not recommend  upper eyelid surgery either. You should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon about how best to address your (brow) situation. Good luck!

James H. Scheu, M.D.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tired eyes and Asian eyelid surgery

Tired eyes and Asian eyelid surgery

You look as though the lids have very mild sub clinical ptosis that might be improved with an Asian eyelid surgery anchoring technique to raise the lid slightly. You may also be able to modify using incision take me the way the outer half of the crease looks.  You can change the position of the outer corner to a more lifted position very slightly with a lateral canthopexy. I don't think Botox is going to help you with your goals here. 

Chase Lay MD

Asian eyelid surgery specialist 

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to fix droopy/tired looking eyes?

Based on the pictures posted, your lower lids are in good position and the lateral canthus is in good position. You may want to explore the idea of brow lift or temporal lift