How much filler would it require to achieve these lips? (photos)

I was thinking of having 1cc of Juvederm Ultra Plus injected in my top and 1cc in my bottom, but would it require more? Also, to achieve the shape, what would be the focus areas of injection?

Juvederm for lips

In you case, I would advise you not to treat your lips.  You have naturally beautiful, full lips and to me they look much better then the lips on the photos of the models you have posted.  Especially on the 3rd photo, the lips have a very unnatural and bazar look, with distorted proportions. 

Manhattan General Surgeon

Juvederm to the Lips

I agree that you already have good volume and shape of your lips. You also have a good vermillion roll and the upper and lower lips are in good proportion to each other. I would personally advise that you do nothing to your lips unless there is something that I cannot see in the picture. If there is, I would use no more than 1 ml of filler as any more would make you look quite unnatural.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

How Much Filler To Lips

You already have very good volume and shape to your lips. When getting lips injections it is important to maintain the normal anatomy and shape of the lips. In the pictures you provided of the lips that you want it appears that the girl's top lip is bigger than the bottom lip. The bottom lip should actually be bigger than the top lip slightly. Personally, I think your lips are very nice to begin with and I wouldn't mess with them too much. If it is definitely something you want to go forward with then you should start with less than 1 syringe and concentrate on enhancing the shape of your lips rather than the volume. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Amount of Filler for Lip Augmentation

It is advisable to start slowly. Start with 1 syringe split between your lips, and wait for week to ten days to evaluate after any swelling subsides. If you want another syringe at that time, you can always have another at that time.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip filler

In your current lip picture, you have very full and pretty lips as is.  Unless you are puckering, I can even see a small ridge in your upper lip that is evidence that you may have already had some filler.  I would caution against filling more or they may begin to look fish or duck-like which is very unattractive.  Even that model, in my opinion has unnatural looking, distracting overfull lips.  She appears to have a permanent unnatural cartoon character-like "Betty Boop" pucker.  She is so beautiful otherwise that it is easier to overlook this flaw.  There are scientific studies to support that while naturally full lips (compared to thin) will feminize and attract the opposite sex, whereas overfull and unnatural lips (and any other unnatural feature on the face) will turn off the attraction instantly.  We all have a subliminal biologic instinct to view unnatural facial features as not only unattractive but unhealthy appearing.  Read Dr. Steven Dayan's "Subliminally Exposed" for more helpful info. about what is beautiful.

Karen Stolman, MD
Sandy Dermatologic Surgeon

How much filler for certain lips?

Often volume will help the soft tissue structures of the face. You may wish to globally volumize the face, or address a certain wrinkle. Each patient is different. Choice of substance and placement may vary. Generally speaking we use Juvederm Ultra in the lips.  We usually do one cc. Patients can always come back an do a little more.   Best to see an experienced injector. Tell him/her your issues and lifestyle. Together you will come up with an appropriate decision.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

I recommend attempting the look with 1cc syringe and if you want to add more you can always do so.

I recommend attempting the look with 1cc syringe and if you want to add more you can always do so. From the photos it is difficult to determine the injection areas. From what I can see,product to the mid bottom lip and top outer aspects.

Schedule a consultation with an expert injector to discuss your questions and treatment options.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm for Fuller Lips

One syringe, or 1 cc, should be sufficient.  Your lips look good and having them larger is a personal preference.  I do believe anything more than 1 cc might make them look overdone.

Start with 1 cc and take it from there.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have these treatments.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

How much filler would it require to achieve these lips?

Yes I agree with your assessment of 2 syringes of Juvederm filler for your p[osyed photo lips. I might consider staging the injections over a few weeks... 

Juvederm in the lips

The beautiful thing about Juvederm in the lips is that you can see the results right away, so you and your doctor can assess your results after 1 cc and decide if more is needed.  I would suggest starting with just 1 cc and add an additional cc several weeks later if more volume is desired.  It's much easier to precisely shape the lips by adding a little more volume later than trying to take away a little if you've had too much.  I wouldn't worry too much as the patient about the "focus areas" of injection.  Your doctor should be the artist and should make those types of decisions after assessing your lips and the photos you provide of your preferred shape.  Finally, I prefer Juvederm Ultra in the lips (not Ultra Plus), but I would suggest you discuss the filler choice with your doctor.