What is the most effective long-term solution for lip augmentation? (photos)

I was attacked by a Rottweiler two months ago, as a result of the attack the dog bit a chunk of my lower lip off and sliced through my upper lip. My lips are no longer symmetrical and there is a dent in my lower lip where the dog bit a chunk out. The plastic surgeon that treated me after the attack mentioned fat grafting as a potential solution. Are there any other options? What would be most effective?

Upper Lip Reconstruction

It appears that there is still some vermilion in the left upper lip near the corner. A vermilion advancement will help improve the upper lip asymmetry as one reconstructive procedure.

Lip Asymmetry

I am so sorry for your accident.  A combination of laser surgery and fillers can augment the lip area and help correct the situation.  If that doesn't correct it sufficiently you may need to consult a plastic surgeon who specializes in reconstructive surgery.  Best, Dr. Green

Fat Transfer for Lip Asymmetry

Angelia
So sorry for what has happened to you. First off you need to wait until your scars are fully matured, 8-10 months, to optimize results. Fillers like Juvederm plus are another option, but last only 4-6 months, but may be a simple bridge for now until you are ready for something more permanent like fat grafting, your best option. Studies show that at least 1/3 of fat grafted, remains permanently. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD