Burning pain and low grade fever without redness 2 years after complications.

I had infection in my breast 2 years ago after many complications.Wasnt connected to the implant so the it was left in. I woke up in the night with severe burning pain in that breast & I feel slightly feverish(yet was only 99)no redness, but the pain is constant. I have had some intermittent pains occasionally which the dr thought was scar related but this is much worse. Does this sound likely to be implant related. I know to check with my dr but it's a holiday weekend & im very nervous. Thx

In person exam required

This sounds like a problem related to the implant, infection, and capsular contrature.  It is something that needs to be evaluated.

Breast pain

Your doctor or another covering will be available holiday or not. It is best to be examined by your surgeon who can then suggest additional tests if needed.

Breast Pain/Elevated Temp

Thank you for your question. There should be someone available to see you in person either through your Plastic Surgeon's office or your local hospital. Imaging and a physical exam of the breasts would be the next step.
All the best

Breast complications

Thank you for your question.Without a physical examination it is hard to give you accurate advice. You really need to be seen by your doctor or covering doctor. Even though it is a holiday weekend, there is usually a doctor who can cover for your surgeon. If that is not the case, you can always go to the ER to be checked out in case of infection or implant-related complications. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Burning and fever

It is impossible to say without an exam.  You can contact your surgeon over a holiday weekend. He or his covering doctor should be available.

Burning Pain and Fever

It's difficult to say if this is implant related.  If you are noticing a change, then you should contact your surgeon, regardless of whether or not it's a holiday weekend.  Their office should have a mechanism to take care of you, regardless of the day or hour.
Dr. Dan Krochmal
MAE Plastic Surgery
Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon