Bulbous tip, how to fix it? (photos)

I have a boulbous tip...what are necessary procedures to achieve a narrow/pointier/taller nose?

Refining the Nasal Tip

Thanks for your post. Enhancement to refine and improve the appearance of a bulbous nasal tip is accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure. In my view, an open rhinoplasty approach would allow an experienced surgeon to decrease the width of your lower lateral cartilages, defat the skin and soft tissue envelope, apply tip defining suture modification for a natural but sharper tip and properly position a cartilage strut graft for longterm tip support. Suture modification and strut grafts will help your rhinoplasty surgeon achieve a taller, pointier nose based on shared goals. Best to avoid unnatural or overdone surgery for the best result. Search portfolio of patient results and meet in person with your chosen doctor for recommendations as to how to best proceed. Hope this reply helps. 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Re: Bulbous Tip

First of all, you're beautiful. A bulbous tip improved by doing cartilage resection and re-positioning to create a more refined nasal tip. This is accomplished by either a closed or open rhinoplasty technique, resecting the areas of excess cartilage and placement of delicate sutures to create a feminine nasal tip that stands out gracefully from the rest of the nose. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in such cases. 

Brett E. Stompro, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tip rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important when looking for a plastic surgeon for Rhinoplasty to find one who is board certified and specializes in Rhinoplasty to obtain the best results possible.  To fully evaluate your nose, I would recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and have a full facial and nasal examination performed.  However, from what I can tell, it appears your tip is enlarged and bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and smaller in size.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Fixing a Bulbous Tip

Tip refinement for a bulbous tip involves a rhinoplasty where the cartilage in the area is trimmed and repositioned.  I recommend you consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who will discuss your options.

Dr. Michael Epstein

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty

Hi,

Bulbous tips come in different forms. In Ethnic patient, typically weak tip or lower lateral cartilages and/or fatty tips are the culprits. Defatting the nasal tip and reconfiguring and strengthening the tip cartilages should remedy this. See video.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Honestly, i wouldnt do it....

Hi there. I would consider not doing it honestly.  You have a great nose and great tip.  Yes it is a little bulbous but it is not bad. Your profile is great. Your bones are narrow and pretty.  Your tip when you look on base view is actually thick skin more than anything.  With that in mind, subtle maneuvers to thin the tip will go unnoticed.  No aggressive maneuvers should be performed for risk of totally changing your nose and altering your face or risk of tip pinching (not attractive at all!).   The skin of your ala is so thick and nothing can be done about that safely.  I honestly don't think you should do your nose.  Your nose is pretty and in good proportions with the rest of your face.  You have beautiful high cheek bones and your nose matches. 

I perform only closed endonasal rhinoplasty and am able through complex delivery techniques able to change the tip any way I want.  With all my knowledge and being a 100% exclusive rhinoplasty surgeon, I still say don't do it. 

Hope this helps. Happy to answer further questions!

Deepak Dugar, MD

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD