Would I be able to distribute 2 syringes of Restylane for my trough, nose and upper lip or? (photos)

So I have a consultation this thursday and am getting treatment the same day aswell! Would I be able to share 2 syringes of restylane for all three? My upper lip is thin compared to my bottom and I just want it to look a little bit plumper...my nose kind of leans down a little if that makes sense. But my eyes are very deep and hollow! So would I be able to distribute the filler between 3 locations or will I have to purchase more. I don't want to be conservative with my eyes though.

Would I be able to distribute 2 syringes of Restylane for my trough, nose and upper lip or?

Hello Sukaina1, 

When it comes to fillers I always say it is important to focus on your result, and not the actual volume of injection.  Splitting syringes between your tear trough, nose, and upper lip can be done.  You may only need two syringes.  I think it would be important to be prepared to have a third syringe if needed to get the result you want.  The other option is to make priorities.  You can start with your tear troughs, then your next priority could be your nose, and then the remainder can go to your lips.  If you feel you want more after going through your two syringes, you can always add more.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dividing Syringes of Restylane

Dividing syringes between your nose, upper lip and tear trough can be done. You might only need two

syringes, also be ready if more than 2 syringes is needed to achieve your desired look. Always have your injections done by expert. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

2cc should be enough

Thank you for your question. Judging from your photos it appears to me that 2cc of Restylane should be enough for augmentation of your upper lip, correction of your tear troughs and some sculpting/refinement of the tip of your nose. I would caution you to be sure that you are being treated by an experienced injector with proper board certification. Some of the treatments that you are seeking involve off label use of Restylane which can be ok in the right hands. Your treating physician should properly inform you of the risks of these procedures and of alternative treatments including surgical options. 

Best of luck. 

Dr. Polo

Max Polo, MD

2 syringes Restylane

Based off of your photos,I do believe that 2 syringes for those areas should be sufficient. However if after the 2 syringes you would still like more volume, a third syringe may be necessary. Please consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for best results.

Neil Sadick, MD

Would I be able to distribute 2 syringes of Restylane for my trough, nose and upper lip or

I do think you would benefit greatly from Restylane in all three areas.  It is difficult to say exactly how many syringes you need.  I most definitely would start out with two and you can always come back for more.  I have Restylane under my own eyes for the hollows.  I am certain that you will genuinely love it but please make sure that you see someone that has a lot of experience working with fillers in this area as it is a tricky/difficult area to fill.

Good luck,
Dr. Downie

Jeanine B. Downie, MD
Montclair Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane amount

2 cc Restylane is enough to do all you want depending on the results you really desire and the skill of the injector. First, be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and you and he together with a mirror use the first syringe and see what you have and then go from there.

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

How many syringes of Restylane will I need?

This is a very common question, often with a complex answer. In short, one can always spread one- or two-syringes around. In most cases, the physician can approximate how many syringes will be needed. Most often, people fall into a range (i.e. 1.5-2.5cc, or 1.75-2.25-cc). If patients are fixed on a limited amount, a decision must be made to accept a result that is not fully corrected, or choose to treat less areas.

In my practice, most patients use only 1-cc to 2-cc except when desiring volume, such as the cheeks, when 3-cc is quite common.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting the Results You Want for lips, nose and eyes with facial fillers (juvederm, restylane)

The answer depends on what the final results you want to achieve, which would require a formal consultation. Keep in mind for eye hollows, a combination of fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP are needed for best results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Restylane Amount

Thank you for your question. Depending on the amount of volume you desire for your upper lip, you may need one more syringe. Your troughs are quite deep, and you may need almost a full syringe per side - depending on the amount of lift you obtain as you are injected (which sometimes can be difficult to tell). Even if you only use 3/4 of a syringe, you'll likely not be satisfied splitting a half of syringe between your lip and nose. It all depends on how you respond to the product - I would plan on needing 3 syringes (or 2 of Restylane, and 1 of Juvederm - which tends to give the lip more plump, and is often used in the nose as well). If you require less, great! Nothing takes the place of an in-person examination - I'm sure your injector will be able to tell you how many syringes you require as soon as s/he meets you. Best of luck!