I have a very intense sexual life and am also a gym rat, I lose my hair and my doctor told me to use Propecia: Should I?

I'll be 27 years old in october. Everyone is bald in my family but I still have hairs, I'm early stage 2 on the bald scale. I discussed a potential FUE this morning with a surgeon in Texas, he told me a surgery wouldn't really make sense and that the best way to keep my hair for as long as possible would be using propecia. After reading a lot on the internet, I see way more negative comments than the figures the doctor showed me (2% only while way more online). Would you recommend using it ?

Hair loss

The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.

“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them

Thanks for your query. I would not recommend it to you as it has a very common side effect of decrease in libido and will interfere in your sexual life. Continuous use of minoxidil is recommended more for you than finasteride. Hope it helps.All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride

there are many options such as prp and progesterone injections, rogaine, propecia and vitamins. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

27 and family history of balding

You can find out if you are balding by getting a HAIRCHECK examination which will show the earlies sign of hair loss. It does not make sense to take the medications just because it is in your family line. You may not be balding

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon