61 year old female with dentures, sensitive to adhesives. Would I be a good candidate for All-on-4 Implants?

I am a 61 year old female. I am 16 months post full extraction of all upper and lower teeth. I had immediate dentures put in. I wanted implants but the surgeon said they would not stay for more than a year because I smoke. I am not at all happy with dentures. I am sensitive to most adhesives and it doesn't hold the bottom anyway. I can only bite very soft food. Chewing is like between 2 boards, so choking is an issue. I want All on 4's. Willing to travel if necessary.

SNAPINDENTURES OR ALL ON 4 by NOBELBIOCARE

yes , you have a solution and can be with any of this 2 options, or either snapindentures or All on 4 , by Nobel biocare. The difference is that with SNAPINDENTURES are removable but you do not have roof of the palate, strong and also very aesthetical. 

ALL ON 4 by NOBEL BIOCARE is a great solution that is screwretained , you do not take them out, and you will also have shape, size and color to be changed.

Of course you have a solution, you just need to have a smile analysis , a good diagnose , and you will love your smile.

Last contacted 1 day ago

Candidiate for All on 4

You would certainly be a candidate for the all on 4 but your risks would be much higher because of the smoking.

Although i totally understand that quitting smoking is hard, you have a tough decision to make. Continue to smoke and have a increased risk of failure or start to enjoy life again with fixed permanent teeth and increased confidence

Wish you the best of luck in your journey

Last contacted 2 months ago

All on 4 and hybrid dentures

Thanks for your question. A hybrid restoration, including all on 4 require healthy bone that would allow proper healing and maintenance of bones and gum around the implants. Smoking would put you at serious risk of implant failure. I would suggest that you stop smoking before doing a hybrid restoration. On the other hand, an implant supported denture, even with mini implants, will give you a more solid attachment of the denture and proper chewing.

Last contacted 2 days ago

All on 4's

Are you unhappy enough to give up smoking? Without X-rays and more diagnostic information we can't give you a complete diagnosis but smoking is a very big negative. It's up to you to decide which is more important to your quality of life, eating or smoking.

Vicki Borowski, DDS
Dallas Dentist

Last contacted 2 months ago