Is there any way Neograft can be done to put more hair on the lower back of my head?

...Im 47 year old woman.I have had hair extensions on and off for years..I noticed the back of my hair is very thin and see thru..Is there anyway neograft can be done to put more hair on the lower back of my head?

Neograft is a machine that harvest donor hairs from the back of your head using the FUE harvest method.

Neograft is a machine that harvest donor hairs from the back of your head using the FUE harvest method.  It has nothing to do with results or adding hair on your neck.  That would involve seeing a doctor in person for a consultation.  A doctor has to examine your donor hair as well as your scalp to give you an accurate assessment if your goals can be achieved. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Transplanting hair on lower back of head

Hi  and thanks for your question. It is certainly possible to transplant hairs to eighth-inning region of the scalp from a different location where there is more density using a variety of techniques including the Neograft device. However it's very important to diagnose the underlying cause of your hair loss before a treatment plan is created specific to your needs. I would make sure that you  see a surgeon who is very experienced with hair transplant surgery. Best of luck. 

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Hair transplant robot

Neograft is the name of a machine that helps with extraction of FUE grafts. An FUE hair transplant can be done by moving hair from the sides to the back as long as the donor sides are not equally depleted as the back.  You would need to see a hair transplant expert to evaluate your scalp and do a microscopic exam to assess the density.  It is possible that over time the weight of your hair extensions are causing traction on the hair follicles.  This results in a constant pulling on the hair follicles which may actually be worsening your condition.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Neograft

Sure the hair harvested with the NeoGraft method can be placed anywhere on your head. It can be a great option to add density to the lower portion of your head. Seek a surgeon near you for a consultation to further judge whether it is necessary. 

Thank You

Neograft Areas

Hi and thank you for your question!

We always recommend our patients come in for a consultation for us to provide the most accurate information. However, as long as there is sufficient donor hair it should be possible. One thing to consider is there needs to be enough loss in the area of concern for it to be recommend.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Yes, hair transplants using the NeoGraft technique can be placed anywhere on your scalp, even the back of your scalp. Losing hair from hair extensions placed too tightly is actually a common cause of hair loss as are tight braids. The only issue than limits hair transplant use is the lack of a good site to take the grafts from.

There are other situations and disorders that prevent the use of hair transplants, but these apparently do not apply in your case.

Thank you for your question. Patients are generally elated with NeoGraft results.

Neograft

Without a full examination I can't say for sure, but there is no reason that you can't do this in theory. Of course you would have to have adequate volume of hair in some other place to harvest grafts from. You wouldn't want to correct one problem and cause a new area of thinning hair elsewhere. You may be suffering from traction alopecia - hair loss from pulling or traction on the hair (in this case the extensions and hurting your native hair). A qualified transplant surgeon can evaluate your hair and make recommendations. Best, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon