Lesion Under my Lower Eyelid? (photo)

I got these lesions on my lower eyelid. They appeared about a months ago. I`m 30 years old / Male.

Doctor Answers 4


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is small cysts filled with keratin. They can be treated easily by unroofing the cyst with a sterile needle. This can be done by many different specialists, but dermatologists and ophthalmologists probably deal with this more than others.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Lesion Under my Lower Eyelid?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Great posted photo... These are small epi/keratin cysts or "milia" or milk spot. In wikipedia:

A milium (plural milia), also called a milk spot or an oil seed, is a keratin-filled cyst that can appear just under the epidermis or on the roof of the mouth. Milia are commonly associated with newborn babies but can appear on people of all ages. They are usually found around the nose and eyes, and sometimes on the genitalia, often mistaken by those affected as warts or other STDs. Milia can also be confused with stubborn whiteheads. 

Local needle puncture can alleviate these cysts. Seek Derm or PS evaluation. 

Small inclusion cysts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

These lesions are small cysts of skin cells.  If they have been there for a while and bother you they can be easily treated/removed by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 105 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}



Thank you for posting your picture. You need to go see a dermatologist, which looks to be small cyst that can be treated by a specialist. Good luck



Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.