Would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I am very uncomfortable with the way my nose looks. Especially from the side. Also I have one nostril that you can see cartlidge from just a little bit, but sometimes it will hurt or bother me. I want my nose to compliment my other facial features. I don't like the bump on the top or how it seems like my nose comes straight off my forehead. I also feel like people can see up my nose. What do you think?

Nose and chin

jlkreischer, note you are R sided dominant and that needs to be taken into account; you also have a weak chin and you should at least consider a chin implant. you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty but you need someone that can deproject your nose without rotation; that takes a lot of experience to do well. Make sure you see an experienced facial expert; a board certified surgeon that does "only faces" and has plenty of good photos. Search the Internet and see the video. Good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

You have a long nose with high projection. A rhinoplasty could reduce the projection of your nose, remove the bump and create a deeper radix to create more separation of the forehead from the nose bridge.

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

Basically you have a nice nose but refinement can be achieved. he cartilage you see in one nostril is secondary to a deviated septum. It's not clear with these pictures but your nose may be a little short which would enable people to "see up your nose". I don't think your nose "comes off your forehead" but your profile can be lowered. All of these problems can be addressed with surgery by a rhinoplasty specialist.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

You are a good rhinoplasty candidate.  However the area of the nose coming off in the forehead is very normal and does not need intervention.  The nasal septum in the area of the nasal tip is crooked and needs to be fixed and made straight to allow the nostrils to become more symmetric.  Most likely it has led to some changes in the cartilages in the nasal tip that would also need to be really shaped.  All this can be achieved rhinoplasty.
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump and adjusting the  top of the nose where it connects to the forehead. The tip of the nose can also be make shorter and less projecting and improve some of the nostril asymmetry. The side profile also demonstrates a weak and recessive chin profile for which a small chin implant can help improve the profile.  Chin implants are placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile. Placement of  chin implant helps with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projecting nose. For more information many examples of both procedures, please see the link and the video below 

Rhinoplasty candidate

The nose is a very personal thing, and the way you feel about your appearance is individual. From your photo you nose has many very nice features, however, you many benefit with defining and deprojecting your tip, and smoothing the dorsum.  If this is of real concern to you please consult with an experienced expert in rhinoplasty.Look at the surgeons results and discuss your options. Best of luck.

James Shire, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.
Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinplasty candidate

I think you would benefit from a rhinoplasty operation to refine and harmonize your nose with your other facial features.  Your nose is quite nice as it is, but if you're interested in refinement, I believe there is certainly options you might explore.    Be sure to discuss these with your surgeon at the time of your consultation, since my advice can't be considered a treatment recommendation without a consultation visit.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD