I had a facial mole removal, is it infected? I need aftercare advice too (Photo)

I had a mole on my face removed. It was burned/shaved off. This picture is the second day after the removal.. Accidentally knocked it yesterday and it began to bleed. The doctor wasn't very specific on aftercare so I'm not really sure what I should be doing. Just using Vaseline? Can anybody help me.

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

It does not appear to look infected. Silicone based scar gels with growth factors would work best. Continue to protect your face from the sun and using skin protection. Best, Dr. Emer

Aftercare for removal of facial mole

It does not appear that the mole removal area on your face is infected.  I would recommend using Aquaphor ointment on the area 2-3 times a day for the first week or so.  You can get this over the counter at most drug stores.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon