Did my doc forget extra lipo or is it possible I only had 150cc of fat?! (photos)

On 3rd Dec I had breast implants with fat transfer and also paid extra for liposculpture/ smart lipo to flanks, stomach, waist and inner thighs. My stomach looks exactly the same and they've now told me they could only get 150cc out of me (of pure fat & 150 is total from all areas!!) I've always had a little stomach bulge no matter how much weighed or exercise etc which was why wanted lipo. I have no children. Is it swelling like they claim or is it just the same cause only took 150cc?

Doc Forgot Abdominal Liposculpture?

It takes time for the swelling to resolve after liposuction. However, if it is true that only 150 cc were removed from four areas, that sounds low. Please call your physician to discuss this. Best, Dr. Emer

Did my doc forget extra lipo or is it possible I only had 150cc of fat?!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question and photos.  For lipo of abdomen, flanks and inner thighs, 150cc seems pretty low.  Did you have incisions in all those areas?  You should go over the results with your doctor and find out how much was removed from each area. Good Luck.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Is it possible I only had 150cc of fa

A good physical examination is necessary to determine how much fat one processes for liposuction. Photos don't always help. Sometimes, fat is stored more in the deep abdominal spaces which is inaccessible to liposuction. In general though it is usually possible on those with a bit of a bulge to obtain a fair amount of fat for transfer elsewhere.

Thank you for your questions and for sharing your photographs.  I can see your area of concern and would voice your concerns with your surgeon.  150cc's is only a third of a can of soda and not very much for the four areas apparently treated.  

150cc fat transfer

It is still fairly early in your recovery, so some of the bulge you are seeing is surely swelling. On the other hand, 150cc really seems on the lighter end of the liposuction spectrum, considering all the areas that have been treated. You may want to wait a bit longer, and discuss with your surgeon any areas you would like to improve further, if the problem will still be there in few months.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Even with poorly posted photos 150 cc's sounds very little! Best to seek in person face to face discussions with your surgeon.