7 months post op Breast implants, any suggestions?

Had breast implants with silicone 7 months ago the left one feels firm and move able when laying down however the right one feels tight like a ball when laying down

Breast Implant Questions

Hi!

It sounds to me that you maybe developing a capsular contracture, however, it is hard to give any recommendations without photos. 

I would recommend uploading photos or meeting with your Plastic Surgeon so he can do an in person evaulation on you. 

Firm Breast

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine without an assessment. I'd recommend booking an appointment with your Plastic Surgeon to discuss your concerns.

All the best.

Capsular Contracture

This sounds a lot to me like early capsular contracture. Only by feeling the tightness of the breast can this diagnosis be made. I recommend you go back and see your plastic surgeon as the treatments that can be started early seem to do better than when started later. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Tight implant

What you are describing may be a capsular contracture. You should call your surgeon, or any Plastic Surgeon, and make an appointment to be seen.

Firm breast

It sounds like you may be developimg capsular contracture. This is scar tissue that builds up around the implant causing them to feel firm. Your surgeon needs to examine you to determine what is going on.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your breast issues.  Because of the possibility of capsular contracture development I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person examination.  They can best diagnose the issue and offer you a treatment recommendation. Best wishes

Sorry to hear you are having an issue.  Its not possible to give advice without seeing you or at least seeing a photo.  You will need to ideally return to the surgeon who performed the procedure and if necessary have a second opinion to decide if there is a problem and if there is what is that problem and what are the options for dealing with it.  Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon