Scared for surgery now!!!! Any suggestions?

Hi I am due to have my breast enlargement under the muscle in 2 weeks. I'm very worried about everything that could go wrong now. Like infection, sepsis,anesthia, and dying. I feel so guilty because I have children. I'm also prone to urine infection. And I'm very constipated. I have read that an infection could cause your implants to become infected is that true?

Fears of breast surgery

Hi Surgery can be scary and a good surgeon will tell you all the things that CAN go wrong but generally very rarely do. 
You should break things down to not be overwhelmed.Make sure you have a good surgeon. He or she should be registered with BAAPS and or BAPRAS. Ask to see examples of their work and ask about how many complications they have had.
Take exercise and plenty of fluids to help with urine infection and constipation and ask that you avoid morphine like drugs in your surgery as this can make constipation worse. 
Regards the guilt : you must be sure this is something you want for your own happiness. If you are happy you will be better for all around you .Best wishes 

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Scared for surgery

It is normal to have some stress before surgery.  Talk with your surgeon and his/her staff about your concerns.   Your safety is your doctor's number one priority and there are many steps involved "behind the scenes" to ensuring that your procedure will go smoothly.  You will have a whole team of trained medical professionals who are dedicated solely to you.  I encourage you to speak with your team and ease your mind.  

Camille Cash, MD

Thank you for your question. It is normal to think about all the potential obstructions to a smooth recovery right before an elective procedure. Especially because it is elective. It is best to follow all the post op care instructions and try your best not to stress. Breast Augmentation is performed complication free many many times a day. 
If you have concerns, speak with your surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Know the risks, but stay positive about the outcome

Hi Lauren,
It is normal to be apprehensive before surgery (I think I would be), but once you have made the decision to have surgery, you should try to be realistic and stay positive.  There are risks with everything in life and we constantly have to weigh up the pros and cons.  Do not just focus on the potential risks but look at the benefits that surgery could bring to you and try to go in to it with a positive attitude.
This surgery has a very low complication rate and a very high satisfaction rate, so try to keep this in mind and see if you can talk to other patients who have been through it.  I think you will find that it is very common to be nervous.
With regards to the constipation, make sure you drink plenty and eat fresh fruit and veg (kiwi fruit is good).  Also be careful of opiate painkillers like morphine and codeine as these can make constipation worse.
All the best.