Would a lip lift add more fullness to my top lip? (Photo)

I am a young male with a 20mm long philtrum who would like this length reduced by 5mm. The only method of shortening the philtrum that I'm aware of is via lip lift. However, my concern is that my upper lip is already quite "full" looking, and a lip lift would accentuate it further and make it look stupid. Is this true? And is a lip lift the only method to shorten philtrum? Many thanks.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an in-person examination. The lip lift surgeries allow the surgeon to change the appearance of the lips by removing tissue or repositioning parts of the lips.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will lift lift add fullness to upper lip

Good question. A lip lift shortens the distance from the upper lip to the base of the nose, but doesn't add fullness. It will, however, increase the amount of red (vermillion) that shows, in the centre part of the lip.

Another thing to consider is the incision. Depending on your height (if you are tall and people look up at you) and the shape of your nose (if the bast of your nose is very visible), the incision could be visible even when healed. 

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon