I have uneven caps on my top teeth and severe overcrowding on my bottom teeth. What is my best treatment option? (photo)

At 13 I had an accident which required caps on my 2 front teeth , the type of cap caused uneven gum recession . The old caps were replaced 10 years ago however I now have one larger tooth which sits above the gum line of the other teeth . I also have quite severe overcrowding particularly on my bottom set of teeth , and would like to get a brace to correct this and some crookedness on my top teeth . I'm not really sure where to start , can the gum line be corrected? Should I straighten first ? Can I get a gum graft to correct uneven gum line ? Can this be done prior to getting braces ?

Crowded teeth, uneven gum line and large crowns #DrSoftTouch

Thanks for posting your photos. First, I would recommend orthodontics. Once your teeth are properly aligned, an experienced cosmetic dentist can perform a gum lift to even out your gum line and replace your current crowns with porcelain crowns to complete your smile.  Good luck and I hope this helps! Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Saint Louis Dentist

Crowded Teeth

Your first step is to make sure your gums are in a healthy condition. If so, the next step  is to see an orthodontist. Once your teeth are in a good position, you can then address your front crowns as well as the gum heights. It's a process, but well worth it in the long run. I hope this helps!