What is the best procedure/treatment for my eyelids? (Photo)

My lids seem dropped and make me appear older. I wonder if fillers or botox is best of eyelid surgery.

Treatment for eyelids

Thank you for your question.  A complete photograph of both eyes in primary gaze would at least give a better indication for the type of procedure, if any, that would be indicated.  That being said, based on the photo provided, a conservative upper eyelid blepharoplasty can often help achieve a more youthful upper eyelid contour.  Best wishes. 

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

What is the best procedure/treatment for my eyelids?

A full set of photographs of both eyelids are required to make a determination about what is the best treatment. A skin only upper blepharoplasty can accomplish removal of excess skin on the upper lids. A lower blepharoplasty procedure is performed to remove the fatty compartments in the lower lids through an incision on the inside of the eyelid known as a transconjunctival approach.  Botox is best used for crows feet. For more information and many examples of eyelid surgery, please see the video and the link below

Lateral eyelid

Botox may help a bit to elevate the lateral brow. You would have to be seen in person to be sure.  Best of luck.

Upper eyelid treatment

If the issue is excessive upper lid skin, as the photo appears to indicate, then upper lid blepharoplasty is a simple procedure which can be performed in an office based setting.  That said, an examination is extremely important to make that assessment.

Upper Eyelid Fixing Droopy Lids

Assuming that you do not have dry eyes and the muscles are fine , an upper eyelidplasty is way better than botox or fillers-they may actually make you worse with more drooping of the upper lid.

The procedure has extremely low,if any,side effects, is done by taking 1 pre op pain pill and takes 45 minutes to do. The recovery is 1 day. You can fly internationally the next day.

Good luck and best wishes, 

Cap Lesesne, MD

Upper Eyelid Skin

Without a history, physical and additional pictures, it is difficult to give you sound medical advice. Based on your anatomy and orbital structure, you may have premature excess skin on your upper eyelids. Botox/Dysport may raise the eyebrow to soften the excess but it is unlikely that you will be satisfied with the result. Fillers can support the eyebrow from drooping but it may create an abnormal prominence. Surgical excision of the excess skin and fat may be your best option. Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Eyeid evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD