I had blepharoscopy surgery on April 5 and incision has opened. What should I do? (Photo)

Stitches were removed April 19. Incision has opened it appears on both eyes. It is Satyurday, Doctor not in until Monday. What should I do?

My incision has opened after a blepharoplasty. What should I do?

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you.  The good news is that it will likely heal on its own with minimal scarring.  You should have an open line of communication with your surgeon about any concerns or issues that occur following your procedure.  I give my patients my cell phone number routinely for this reason.  Good luck with the rest of your recovery -- I'm sure you'll be fine! 

New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do see you surgeon on Monday.

Keep bland ointment on the raw areas.  This is a wound dehiscence.  Although it looks ugly, it will heal on its own without the need for more surgery.  Only rarely do these need surgical management.  

Incisional Issue

No question that you should see your Doctor, who may want to start you on antibiotics.  This may heal acceptably, but only time will tell.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open incision

Let your doctor know as they will want to see you.  They can be left open at this point as they will close on their own with minimal to no scarring.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Open incisionpost bleph

there is no problem.Use a baby shampoo to wash your hair and just keep the incisions clean.It will heal on it's own.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Call your doctor when wound opens following blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. If the wound opens following blepharoplasty, your doctor should be notified. Either he, one of his associates or a colleague will be on call. 
Good luck,