Any suggestions on how to lose belly fat besides a tummy tuck or any surgeries that you have to be put to sleep for?

I would like to know if you have any suggestions on how to lose belly fat besides a tummy tuck or any surgeries that you have to be put to sleep for? I am only 5' tall but just like my mother, my stomach is bigger than anything on my body!!! I need help but afraid of being put to sleep. As for pictures, that is too embarrassing but I have seen some pictures on this site that looks like me but I doubt as short as I am! I hope you are able to give me some advice and thank you for your time.

Exercise in an excellent weight loss tool

The answer is as simple as changing your lifestyle - join a gym, hire a personal trainer, find a friend with similar goals - start with light cardio and weight lifting 4-5x per week. Stop drinking alcohol. Reduce the amount of processed carbs in your diet. These three steps will generate more weight loss than any amount of liposuction ever could. Read more on the link below...

Lose belly fat

If there is a small area say around your belly button you do a limited amount of liposuction under local.This could be done as an oputpatient.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Hi. Look into Coolsculpting. The procedure however,is very limited and you may be disappointed. Weight loss and exercise is the recommendation. Good luck

Non Surgical Fat Reduction

Ultrashape and Cool Scultping are some non surgical ways to decrease belly fat. The best advice obviously is diet and exercise to your ideal weight then use these strategies for stubborn areas.

When the tummy is too big

there are options for you from dieting and exercise, liposuction, tummy tucks, and CoolSculpting.  The best procedure depends on what you are starting with.  And if you decide to try CoolSculpting, it is suggested you know their revision policy (if there is one) and what if there if minimal improvement... are you out the money you spent of do they offer options that won't cost the same as the first time?

Curtis Wong, MD

You did not specify the weight. So my over the internet guessing response is weight loss!!!. Maybe non invasive CoolSculpting???? 

Fat

Thank you for your question but if you are too embarrassed to submit photos then go on some in person consultations with experts in your area to get some accurate advice

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

There are no realistic comparable alternatives to a tummy tuck. Patients with minimal laxity of skin may, however, get a mild benefit from non-surgical fat reduction procedures like radiofrequency based Vanquish or fat freezing from CoolSculpting.  It may require more than 1 treatment session and you need to be very realistic about your expectations. Non-invasive treatments will not tighten significant laxity, remove stretch marks, or repair separated abdominal wall muscular that can result from pregnancy, nor will they produce the same results as liposuction.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what without seeing photos and without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How to lose fat

You need a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Without a photo, is hard to give you much of a direction to consider. Liposuction can be done under sedation and will probably produce better results than any external method. Go out and get some ideas from plastic surgeons.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck anesthesia

Many patients are concerned about anesthesia.But like all fields in medicine general anesthesia is much more sophisticated and safer than years ago.If it is still too nerve racking to you ,in some patients depending on their goals, anatomy and the skill and creativity of their doctors canhave a tummy tuck with other anesthesia techniques eg with sedation and nerve blocks or tumescent fluid infiltration

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon