Should I ask for a revision? I had a lift with 650 mL cohesive gel textured implants put in. (photos)

On 3/29/16 I had a lift with 650 mL cohesive gel textured implants put in. I feel like they didn't get lifted at all. They sit at about the same level that they did before surgery. I want them higher and closer together. Looking at before and after pictures, is that even possible? I am especially worried that white time they are going to sag worse than they already would have.

Should I ask for a revision?

Dear cassidy29,
You really have a wonderful result, and you were wise to use textured because there is less chance for the implant to stretch out your skin continually with time. Lifting is repositioning of the nipple and removal of excess skin for a more attractive and proportional breast. Your surgeon has certainly achieved this! Lifting does not mean placing the breast higher in the chest wall. Your bra still has to do a little of the work. Next time you see your surgeon, thank them for such a lovely job.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

You have an excellent result .
I would NOT ask for a revision .
The enemy of good is perfect 
Best Regards 
Dr Shamoun 

John Milam Shamoun, MD FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants - unhappy with result.

Thank you for your question about your breast lift and ipmlants.
  • I totally understand that we all want perfection but comparing your before and after photos I see -
  • An excellent result
  • A tremendous amount of lift
  • And stretch marks on your skin - this means your skin is weak and you aren't going to get that super-high, close look that some teenage girls have.
  • If you have a revision, I strongly suggest you consider a smaller implant to put less pull on the skin.
  • I suggest you not have any revision if you maintain your current result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast implant revision

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, it appears that you have a pronounced lower pole and loose saggy skin.  Although a good result, if you wished further improvement, you can consider revision with a mastopexy (breast lift) at least 3-6 months after surgery.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

As good as it gets

When you have looseness and laxity and need a breast lift, you can't get the same high and tight result as someone who has tight chest skin. Your surgeon has done an outstanding job for your starting point and it couldn't be much better. Try to be happy and enjoy your greatly improved breasts.

What determines the shape and position of breasts after augmentation and a lift?

Many outcomes after breast augmentation and lifting are dependent upon variables that you as the patient bring to the table as far as chest wall shape and torso length. Both of these variables contribute to the ultimate shape and position of the breasts on the chest and cannot be modified by any surgeon to any substantial degree. Additionally, if the implant is placed beneath the muscle then there is approximately 4 cm (almost 2 inches) over the top of the chest bone that cannot have implant because the chest muscle inserts along the outside borders of the central chest bone.

There is unlikely to be any physician on this forum that would suggest a revision to your surgery because it is a beautiful result and the issues that you are questioning are mostly due to your chest shape and other variables that the surgeon cannot change (even if you want them to).

I always try to help my patients understand these issues before the surgery so that they are familiar with what they should expect. One of the ways I help them achieve these realistic expectations is to provide a free breast augmentation planner at that they can download and review at their leisure. You may find some of the information there to be helpful and beneficial as you continue to recover from your surgery.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Should I ask for a breast augmentation/lifting revision?

Thank you for the question and pictures. As you have heard, your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you, given your starting point, the complexity of breast augmentation/mastopexy surgery, and your final outcome photographs. Having said that, I would suggest that you discuss your concerns/goals directly with him/her; additional maneuvers such as capsulorraphy and re augmentation may be helpful in achieving your stated goals. Best wishes.

Breast lift and 650cc textured silicone implants, but not high enough?

Hi Cassidy,

Thanks for your question and photos. I must agree with the other doctors, your results look outstanding based on what you described was done. Your anatomy dictates what happens in terms of your outcome. They are fuller and more youthful looking as compared to before. yes, I agree that they are not giving more medial cleavage and there is some slight droopiness but that is normal based on the degree of stretch marks( or tears in your skin) from the breast being stretched.

A simple revision of removing more skin will likely fail and give you an outcome with likely bad scars and more bottoming out due to the large size of your implant. The only thing I would consider for a revision case like yours is using an internal bra like strattice or seri to increase support for your breast and help prevent bottoming out which will likely happened over time as the implants that you are carrying are very heavy. Wait at least 6 months to year before proceeding with a revision. Good Luck. Tell your surgeon he/she did and outstanding job! 

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@breastlift @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata

Should I ask for a revision? I had a lift with 650 mL cohesive gel textured implants put in.

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Let me first start by saying that gravity always wins and time and gravity will lead to return of the sagging no matter what you do. Also, the addition of larger implants such as 650 cc means there is more pressure on that skin, so more weight equals more stretching. That being said, your anatomy determines what ultimate outcome you can achieve and I think that based on your pre and post-op pictures, you have a fantastic result that I would be very happy with. If you are unhappy, then you should discuss with your surgeon a possible revision but I would wait until at least 6 months to a year before considering any revision. 

Hope this helps!