Have my implants bottomed out? (Photos)

I think my implants have bottomed out. Yes/No? 650cc gummi implants done March 29, 2016 with a lift.

Bottoming out after breast lift with implants

Your implants do appear to have settled more than would be ideal, making the nipple and areaole position seem too high, which is consistent with the term "bottoming out" .  I would recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon.

Have my implants bottomed out?

It looks as though your breast tissue has settled a little low for your implants.  Arrange a review with your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.  

Large Smooth Implants Bottom Out More Than Others

Yes, you are bottoming out.  This is the unpredictable nature of large, smooth, and usually high profile implants. This is compounded by the disruption of tissue necessary to perform your breast lift, making the implant sliding into your soft tissue envelope even easier. If you feel inclined, you are far enough out to have a revision, which might include suture tightening of your internal capsule, the addition of a mesh or ADM to increase support, and possible a revision lift to remove more inframammary skin.  

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Have my implants bottomed out?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. Sometimes questions such as these are not as simple as a yes/no answer. All of your pictures are taken from different angles which can change the appearance of things. From July to September, there has been some settling of the implants. However, the nipple position appears to have remained relatively stable or in the right position. I would say that this comes closest to being described by a concept called "pseudoptosis." This is where the soft tissue envelope in the bottom of the breast stretches after surgery, allowing the implant to descend, but the nipple position remains stable (at or above the fold), making the nipple appear high on the breast mound and the implant appear "bottomed out." This is usually the result of anatomy and skin quality which can not always be predicted before surgery, and having large implants placed with a lift that puts pressure on the skin envelope. In the end, I think you have a reasonable result and like someone said to you in a previous post, the enemy of good is perfect. If you discuss with your surgeon and he or she and you agree to revise this, it can be improved with surgery but would require a revision with soft tissue reinforcement (with an ADM or the like) to prevent it from happening again. 

Good luck!