Legal Recourse for Evolence Side Effects?

Is there any legal recourse for someone who had Evolence administered, but had no prior warning of the possible side effects of lumps and bumps in the area (which can last for years)?

Doctor Answers 1

You should see you medical care provider to discuss your problems with Evolence

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your medical care provider. It is most important that you are adequately cared for and your problem(s) following Evolence® injection are mitigated. Unfortunately, adverse events or complication can occur with any medical or surgical treatment.

You do have the right to pursue legal action against a medical care provider. A physician or medical care provider owes a duty to a patient to exercise ordinary medical care, which is that degree of care that a reasonably prudent physician would have exercised under the same or similar circumstances. A physician should obtain informed consent prior to commencing medical treatment or a surgical procedure.

Again, I must strongly recommend that you return back to your medical care provider and talk it over before perusing “legal recourse”.

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.