Left Nipple and Surrounding Looks Depressed and Black After Surgery? (photo)

It's been 14days post surgery. While right nipple seems to be getting normal, the left one looks depressed and I'm afraid doctor took out more fat and gland(my stupidity?) in the left side. Bottom part of left nipple also looks black in color and I don't feel any sense in both the nipples. Attached my photo. Sorry for the poor clarity.

Left Nipple and Surrounding Looks Depressed and Black After Surgery?

Yes very poor quality of the [posted photos. Best to allow more healing time to determine if over resection was done. As for the possible necrosis issue seek more in person guidance. 

Gynecomastia

The depression is probably permanent. and will need revision for the dish deformity.

As for the nipple being black, that is worrisome, could be necrosis of part of the nipple areola. Need immediate attention by your doctor. The photos are not high quality closeup to give a definate opinion.

Incision Sites and Healing from Gynecomastia Surgery

Your #incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery,. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia Surgery - What happens if too much is removed

You are right, the photo quality is too poor to comment on the significance of the color. However, the depression noted on your left side would indicate that too much fat was removed. If this remains after several months it may be possible to improve the appearance with a fat transfer procedure.