Do I have tubular breasts and can I fix them? (Photos)

I am quite young and was wondering if these looked like a breast deformity, ever since ive begun puberty ive had the same s8ze and shape breasts. No change whatsoever. If it is a breast deformity can i fix then without surgery?

Tubular breast

Thank you for your question. Yes! These are tubular but generally are corrected at the time of implant placement for correction of size and shape.

Tuberous breast correction advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, i can identify that you have a underveloped and mild tubular Breast. 
I recommend you perform a Tubular Breasts Correction with Breast Augmentation using silicon implants, at the same surgical time.

There is a surgical technique for Tuberous Breasts correction, by which it is arranged the tuberous areolar ring from inside, without requiring areolar reduction. In this technique we also need silicon implants, to get a better Breast volume and projection.

Therefore it is very important that the plastic surgeon who will perform the surgery, has the skills and vast experience in this type of procedure.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tuberous breasts surgery

Dear Ashy,   Thanks for submitting your pictures. From observing your pictures, you appear to have typical tuberous  breasts - small breasts (very small A cup), with droopy, large and herniating areolas. You also have very wide cleavage.   Unfortunately, there is no non surgical solution for your condition. The only way to give you a beautiful and feminine breasts with nice cleavage , perky and natural looking breasts with smaller and flat areolas , is breasts augmentation with implants and mini lift (donut, Benneli) procedure.   This surgery will be one of the best investments in yourself. It will increase your self esteem, your confidence and will make shopping, going to the beach and to the gym , lots of fun...  Not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye are critical foe good outcome. So, do your due diligence carefully and choose your surgeon wisely.   Always, consult with experience board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of breasts augmentation with mini lift in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking.                                 Best of luck,                                                            Dr Widder                    

Do I have tubular breasts and can I fix them?

Thank you for your question. You do appear to have tuberous breast. There are several options, the best of which is "soft tissue expansion" for 6 months followed by breast implants. Circumareolar reduction and implants can help but the scarring is significant. To avoid scarring soft tissue expansion is preferable. Since you are young, if you plan to have children, I would wait until after having children to start this process

Tuberous breasts

Yes, you do have a tuberous breast. Implants and a circumareola reduction will help improve the appearance.

Tuberous breasts

Hello and thank you for your question.  You do demonstrate characteristics of tuberous breast and you are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  You will benefit from radial scoring of the lower pole constriction bands.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tuberous Breasts/Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. From your photos, you do appear to demonstrate characteristics of tuberous breasts. Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  •          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you for your question and photo. You do demonstrate some characteristics of Tuberous breasts. Unfortunately the appearance and size of the breasts is not likely to change at all without surgery.  I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon for consultation. They will take measurements and discuss options for you.
All the best

Tubular Breasts

Thank you for your question and for your pictures. Based on your pictures alone it does appear that you have tubular breasts. Unfortunately there is not a non surgical treatment for this. I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to review your options. Best of luck.

Thank you for the question and pictures.  I think your breast photos do demonstrate most of the characteristics seen with tubular (constricted) breasts. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short. Your inframammary folds seem to be widely spaced from the midline of your chest. The areola do demonstrate some features associated with tubular breast such as an increased width and “puffiness”.

There is no nonsurgical way to "fix" the tuberous/constricted breast. Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern, you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery at some point. In my practice, I would certainly recommend the use of silicone gel breast implants placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position.   When you are ready, please make sure you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have significant (demonstrable) experience with this type of surgery. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.  
Patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.  The good news:  in our practice, some of our happiest patients have been patients who have started out with constricted/tuberous breasts. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. You will find a separate page, on the same website ("cases of the week"  demonstrating relevant/recent cases. Best wishes.