How much would rhinoplasty cost for me? (Photo)

Once I hit my teens, I realized how much I hated my nose. It was very asymmetrical, and I had bumped it and hurt it so many times, I felt like it became slanted to one side. It didn't look like this growing up. Now when I see side profiles of myself, they look like 2 completely different people. I think it's my chin and jaw too, and my lip, but the nose is all I care about. Please give me your feedback.

Rhinoplasty

I think that if you are unhappy with your nose, then you should go to a surgeon for consultation and discuss your concerns.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a reasonable candidate for a rhinoplasty. A thorough examination in the office would be necessary but at a glance, you would likely benefit from reducing the dorsal hump (bridge), refining the tip cartilage to make it more narrow and to make the nostrils more symmetrical.

A rhinoplasty specialist will likely have imaging capabilities to morph your picture and show you what your post operative result could look like. Cost will vary from practice to practice but generally include the surgeons fee, anesthesia fee, and facility fee.  Best of luck in your search!

instagram: @mesbahimd

Alex N. Mesbahi, MD
McLean Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

A closed rhinoplasty will achieve your goals

Dear babybub10,
You're an excellent candidate for surgery to give you a straight bridge, more feminine tip shape, and symmetry. You should undergo a "closed rhinoplasty": it is very effective, has the least down time (about a week), and it avoids a visible scar across the base of your nose. Cost ranges from $7,500 - $10,000 depending on complexity of surgery. Morphing software can help show how you may appear but best results ultimately rest on the skill and experience of the surgeon. All the best, Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Cost of rhinoplasty for dorsal hump reduction and crooked nose

The cost of a rhinoplasty is directly related to the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, the amount of time monitored by a physician anesthesiologist under general anesthesia, and the surgeon's fee for performing the rhinoplasty procedure in addition to all of the post operative followup appointments. A closed rhinoplasty approach to accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump and straightening the nose with osteotomies.  For more information,  and our current price list and many examples, please see  the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty cost

Rhinoplasty fees vary widely by surgeon. Multiple things factor in to the fees including location in the country (or the world), surgeon experience and what needs to be done. Upon consultation with your surgeon they will take a complete set of photos and look at them with you in order to determine what techniques will work best for you. Additionally, review of the photos and examination will reveal the cause of the asymmetry and whether the asymmetry can be fully corrected. 

Jennifer Parker Porter, MD, FACS
Bethesda Facial Plastic Surgeon

The cost of rhinoplasty

The cost of rhinoplasty will vary based on many factors, including geographic location and complexity of procedure. Most routine rhinoplasty costs in the US is about $7000 to $12,000, which you can further investigate on here on the RealSelf website. Before seeing a rhinoplasty surgeon for consultation, develop a priority list of what bothers you the most, and what you doesn't bother you as much, in addition to having a list of questions for the surgeon. 

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon